* figuur masker is niet te vinden
@ 1999-06-19 20:41 Wybo Dekker
From: Wybo Dekker @ 1999-06-19 20:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

After having installed TeXLive 4 I successfully ran the excercise that
I made during the course.
After that I erroneously removed the masker.pdf that came with the
excercise, but I thought: no problem, let's make another pdf from a
ps-file I had around. I did that with pstopdf, naming the result:
masker.pdf.
I could view it with acroread but nevertheless, cont-nl said:

figuren        : figuur masker is niet te vinden

Here is the start of my masker.pdf - is something wrong with it?
For some reason, every ps-to-pdf converter I have generates a binary
output file - is that normal?
Could someone send me the original masker.pdf please?

%PDF-1.2
%Ç쏢
4 0 obj
<</Length 5 0 R/Filter /FlateDecode>>
stream

--
Hartelijke groet, Wybo
--

* Re: figuur masker is niet te vinden
@ 1999-06-21 15:58 Gilbert van den Dobbelsteen
From: Gilbert van den Dobbelsteen @ 1999-06-21 15:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

>>   texexec --pdf yourfile
>>
>> or include the line:
>>
>>   \setupoutput[pdftex]
>>

>Fine, both worked, thank you.
>But why did'nt I have to do that during the course?

Probably the first line of you .tex document contained something like this:

% interface=nl output=pdf

texexec scans your .tex file, looking for clues about what kind of file it
is (it auto-magically sees that the file uses English context if it contains
\startext instead of \starttekst). I noticed however that the auto
recognition doesn't always work, but I should first upgrade to the latest
texexec before sending complaints.

Not all options can be given in the first line. Lookup the texexec script
and check for yourself what it is doing.

Note: The problem with my texexec is that it can only do tex-files that are
there, meaning: I cannot compile a tex file which is not in the current
directory, but in $TEXINPUTS. I don't see this as a problem, I usually
create a symlink or so.

Gilbert.