* acroread + context-pdf->black screen
@ 1999-06-24  8:47 Wybo Dekker
From: Wybo Dekker @ 1999-06-24  8:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

When I generate a pdf file with context, and view it with acroread, I
always get a large black screen without any buttons on it. I am happy
to have virtual desktops, because without those I would not even be
able to kill acroread.

Acroread works fine with other pdf files. Do I do something wrong?

--
Hartelijke groet, Wybo
--

* Re: acroread + context-pdf->black screen
@ 1999-06-24 10:49 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 1999-06-24 10:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Wybo Dekker wrote:

> When I generate a pdf file with context, and view it with acroread, I
> always get a large black screen without any buttons on it. I am happy
> to have virtual desktops, because without those I would not even be
> able to kill acroread.
>
> Acroread works fine with other pdf files. Do I do something wrong?

Come to my mind: do you set up a backgound without enabling color?
Context implements backgrounds using colored rules: save, efficient and
acurate.

\setupcolors[state=start]

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

* Re: acroread + context-pdf->black screen
@ 1999-06-24 12:00 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 1999-06-24 12:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

    Wybo> When I generate a pdf file with context, and view it with
    Wybo> acroread, I always get a large black screen without any
    Wybo> buttons on it. I am happy to have virtual desktops, because
    Wybo> without those I would not even be able to kill acroread.

    Wybo> Acroread works fine with other pdf files. Do I do something
    Wybo> wrong?

Your interaction seems to start in full-screen mode. Don't know
off-hand why it doesn't feel like actually displaying something, but I
do know how to go back to a 'normal' window: hit the Esc key. If that
doesn't help, you are probably using the beta release of the reader 4
and you should get a new one at adobe.

Taco
    Wybo> -- Hartelijke groet, Wybo -- __Servalys Analytical Chemistry
    Wybo> Services__ Wybo H. Dekker wybo@servalys.hobby.nl Deilsedijk
    Wybo> 60 www.hobby.nl/~servalys 4158 CH Deil tel +31-345-652164
    Wybo> The Netherlands fax +31-345-652383

--
Taco Hoekwater                                 taco.hoekwater@wkap.nl
Kluwer Academic Publishers                            -- Pre Press --

* Re: acroread + context-pdf->black screen
@ 1999-06-24 13:39   ` Wybo Dekker
From: Wybo Dekker @ 1999-06-24 13:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

Taco Hoekwater wrote:
>     Wybo> When I generate a pdf file with context, and view it with
>     Wybo> acroread, I always get a large black screen without any
>     Wybo> buttons on it. I am happy to have virtual desktops, because
>     Wybo> without those I would not even be able to kill acroread.
>
>     Wybo> Acroread works fine with other pdf files. Do I do something
>     Wybo> wrong?
>
> Your interaction seems to start in full-screen mode. Don't know
> off-hand why it doesn't feel like actually displaying something, but

Sorry, I forgot to tell that my document *is* displayed

> I do know how to go back to a 'normal' window: hit the Esc key. If that
> doesn't help, you are probably using the beta release of the reader 4
> and you should get a new one at adobe.

That helped: escape gave me the normal display. Thanks!

--
Hartelijke groet, Wybo