From: Erik Frambach <E.H.M.Frambach@eco.rug.nl>
Subject: Re: beta demo file
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 1999 13:33:31 +0200	[thread overview]

> > > I posted a demo file at our site (context->context->beta) named
> > > johan.pdf. This file plays a little with a scan of a drawing my little
> >
> > What is the exact address? I tried to find it via the NTG home (said
> > to be the preferred route) page but didn't succeed.

You can find it on my mirror:
http://4tex.ntg.nl/context/itdemos/internal/johan/johan.pdf

> I uploaded them yesterday. This means that they are mirrored on eriks
> server within a day, and from there on ctan in another day. Mirroring on
> the NTG server is still sub optimal, but should work too (mirrored from

Currently the NTG site doesn't mirror ConTeXt. We are working on a solution.

> Erik, who has FTP). There is a pointer as well as a search option from
> the 4tex site. Thomas Esser (tetex) also automatically updates the files
> needed for tetex, so tetex is always up to date.

You can search from http://4tex.ntg.nl/cgi-bin/search.pl
Searching for 'johan' in the ConTeXt mirror pages would get you to
beta.htm, which points to johan.pdf.

> > Searching Context via that page should be more straightforward anyway
> > - there should be a link at the first page.
>
> Maybe Erik can take care of that. He's currently redoing the NTG pages.

I don't agree that there should be a link on the first page. Let's be reasonable.
It's the NTG site. It generously mirrors the ConTeXt pages and this mirror
is listed in links.html. NTG is promoting itself and will not advertise anything
else on its home page. I know it would be convenient but eventually the
home page would become a mess.

Erik