From: Thomas Porter <txporter@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: newbie problems trying to build cont-en with texexec
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 14:36:13 -0400	[thread overview]

On Thu, Sep 02, 1999 at 06:45:19PM +0200, Hans Hagen thoughtfully expounded:
> Thomas Porter wrote:
>
> > Thanks, this worked fine (I think!)  See my later comments on lots of
> > 'skipping' messages.
>
> This is ok. I load plain tex first but without fonts. While loading
> \font is redefined.

OK, thanks for the warning.  I ger nervous about lots of messages like this!

> > \useenvironment[green] % the so called 'green' presentation
>
> This should be
>
>  \usemodule[green]

I tried this and got:
----------

 TeXExec 1.2 - ConTeXt / PRAGMA ADE 1997-1999

            executable : pdfetex
                format : cont-en
             inputfile : present
                output : pdftex
             interface : en
          current mode : all
               TeX run : 1

This is pdfeTeX, Version 3.14159-13d-2.1 (Web2C 7.3.1)
entering extended mode
(present.tex[/usr/share/texmf/pdftex/config/pdftex.cfg]

ConTeXt ver: 1999.5.11 fmt: 1999.9.1 int: english mes: english

system         : cont-new loaded
(/usr/share/texmf/tex/context/base/cont-new.tex
systems        : BEWARE: SOMETHING NEW INSERTED!
)
system         : cont-old loaded
(/usr/share/texmf/tex/context/base/cont-old.tex
)
system         : cont-fil loaded
(/usr/share/texmf/tex/context/base/cont-fil.tex
)
bodyfont       : 12pt rm is loaded
specials       : tex,postscript,rokicki loaded
system         : cont-opt loaded
(cont-opt.tex
specials       : tex,postscript,rokicki is reset
specials       : loading definition file tpd
(/usr/share/texmf/tex/context/base/spec-tpd.tex <unprotect 2>
specials       : loading definition file fdf
(/usr/share/texmf/tex/context/base/spec-fdf.tex <unprotect 3> <unprotect 4>
<protect 4> <protect 3>)
specials       : fdf loaded
specials       : fdf,tpd loaded
) (./present.tuo) (./present.tuo) (./present.tuo) (./present.tuo)
(./present.tuo) (./present.tuo) (./present.tuo) (./present.tuo) (./present.tuo)
systems        : begin file present at line 1
system         : no macros found in m-green
system         : no macros found in s-green
system         : no macros found in p-green
! Undefined control sequence.
l.5 \Topics
           {How about this}
?

----------

> Sorry for the error.

As my boss once told me, you are the only one qualified to make that error!

I saw the rest of your comments on MetaPost, and while I have used it as a
stand-alone tool to draw a logo, I have not used it much inside of TeX.  Please
let me know if the errors I am seeing are possibly due to that.

I tried to rgrep the context portion of the texmf tree for green, but did not
find anything like m-green, s-green, or p-green.  I assume these have to do
with the output formats: presentation or printed??

Sorry for all the questions, but ConTeXt seems really worth the work to learn!

--
Tom Porter                                       txporter@mindspring.com
"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament],