* Caption colour
@ 1999-11-17  3:15 Tony Keating
From: Tony Keating @ 1999-11-17  3:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Now for my next question, how do I set the colour of captions? I've tried
\setupcaptions[style=\startcolor[white]] but that doesn't seem to work.
Anybody?

Tony.
--
Tony Keating <keating@mech.uq.edu.au> [http://www.mech.uq.edu.au/~tonyk]
Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Queensland, AUSTRALIA

* Re: Caption colour
@ 1999-11-17  9:16 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 1999-11-17  9:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 01:15 PM 11/17/99 +1000, Tony Keating wrote:
>Now for my next question, how do I set the colour of captions? I've tried
>\setupcaptions[style=\startcolor[white]] but that doesn't seem to work.
>Anybody?

This fails for several reasons:

(1) when using \command[..] in a setup, say {\command[...]}, else tex sees the first ] as a sentinel.

(2) a startcolor needs a stopcolor

(3) in most cases when there is a style key, there is also a color key: color=white

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

* Re: Caption colour
@ 1999-11-17 22:54   ` Tony Keating
From: Tony Keating @ 1999-11-17 22:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:

> (3) in most cases when there is a style key, there is also a color key:
>     color=white

Hans,

I had a feeling that this might have been the case. I had already tried it
but it wasn't working for me. But I found what I was doing wrong. At the
moment I'm setting the color of all the text in the document to white by
starting the document with \startcolor[white]. If I include the figure (with
the caption set to white) between that \startcolor and the \stopcolor then
the caption comes out black. If I set the caption color to blue, it comes
out blue. I think there is a problem with the interaction between the
initial \startcolor and the captioning. Anyway, I fixed it by putting a
\stopcolor before the figure, then a \startcolor[white] after the figure and
all is well. Perhaps I should be using another method to set all the text in
the document to color=white?

btw. I'm doing this for a presentation that I'm giving on Monday at a
conference. I've hacked about one of the presentation styles to give me what
I want. Many thanks for releasing me from PowerPoint!

Tony.