* BibTeX support in CONTEXT
@ 1999-11-21 17:39 Marc van Dongen
From: Marc van Dongen @ 1999-11-21 17:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear all,

Is there a mechanism for citations (something like
\cite) and the use of BibTeX like bibliography
files in Context?

Regards,

Marc van Dongen
     Marc van Dongen, CS Dept | phone:   +353 21 903578
University College Cork, NUIC | Fax:     +353 21 903113
  College Road, Cork, Ireland | Email: dongen@cs.ucc.ie

* Re: BibTeX support in CONTEXT
@ 1999-11-22  8:44 ` Tobias Burnus
From: Tobias Burnus @ 1999-11-22  8:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Marc van Dongen

Hi Marc,

> Is there a mechanism for citations (something like
> \cite) and the use of BibTeX like bibliography
> files in Context?
Well it is planed to support BibTeX (not exactly like LaTeX does, but similar).

The beta version is available at
http://www.cybercomm.nl/~bittext/temp/m-bib.zip, but I think it only supports
cont-en and has other limitations. (In the zip file there is the module, three
bst and the pdf'ed commented source of the tex file.)

Berend de Boer wrote:
> Not really. There is an unsupported \startpublicatie. Use it like this:
> \startpublicatie[Bekke92]
>   \naam{J.H.~ter~Bekke}
>   \titel{Semantic Data Modeling}
>   \jaar{1992}
>   \plaats{Hemel Hempstead}
>   \uitgever{Prentice Hall}
> \stoppublicatie
> \stoptext
> Works good enough for now, so no wait until bibliography is reimplemented.
Well these entries can be created using BibTeX and the mentioned bst.
(Ups, I haven't realised that the \startpublication command is available in
standard TeX, so you may try this commands as well.)

Tobias

* RE: BibTeX support in CONTEXT
@ 1999-11-22  6:22 Berend de Boer
From: Berend de Boer @ 1999-11-22  6:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Is there a mechanism for citations (something like
> \cite) and the use of BibTeX like bibliography
> files in Context?

Not really. There is an unsupported \startpublicatie. Use it like this:

\starttext

\chapter{Test}

See~\publicatie[Bekke92].

\chapter{References}

\startpublicatie[Bekke92]
  \naam{J.H.~ter~Bekke}
  \titel{Semantic Data Modeling}
  \jaar{1992}
  \plaats{Hemel Hempstead}
  \uitgever{Prentice Hall}
\stoppublicatie

\startpublicatie[Bekke93]
  \naam{J.H.~ter~Bekke}
  \titel{Database ontwerp (Dutch)}
  \jaar{1993}
  \plaats{Deventer}
  \uitgever{Kluwer Bedrijfswetenschappen}
\stoppublicatie

\startpublicatie[Bekke94]
  \naam{J.H.~ter~Bekke}
  \titel{Handleiding Xplain DBMS, versie 4.5}
  \jaar{1994}
  \plaats{Delft}
  \uitgever{Faculteit der Technische Wiskunde en Informatica, vakgroep
  Informatiesystemen, groep Database Systemen}
\stoppublicatie

\stoptext

Works good enough for now, so no wait until bibliography is reimplemented.

Groetjes,

Berend. (-: