* pdfetex font warnings
@ 1999-12-24 22:37 guravage
From: guravage @ 1999-12-24 22:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

I recently installed a set of type1 Lucida bright fonts; after which I needed
to inch several context settings in texmf.cnf higher to get around a "TeX
capacity exceeded" problem. There are no fatal errors now, but an examination
of the log file shows that pdfetex is not satisfied:

	Warning: pdfetex (file lbr): Font lbr at 864 not found
	Warning: pdfetex (file lbr): Font lbr at 1244 not found
	Warning: pdfetex (file lbr): Font lbr at 720 not found

One consequence is that acroread complains that it, "Could
not find a font in the Resources dictionary." when it tries to opens the
resulting pdf file.

After tweaking texmf.cnf, I made new context formates by running "texexec
--make." After installing the latest pdftex, I made new pdftex.fmt and
pdflatex.fmt files by running "pdftex -ini pdftex.ini" and "pdftex -ini
pdflatex" respectively. I would appreciate it very much if someone could tell
me how to tell pdfetex how and where to find the new Lucida Bright fonts.

Cheers,

Michael Guravage

--
Michael A. Guravage            Email: guravage@nlr.nl
National Aerospace Laboratory  Phone: +31 (0)20 511 3695

* Re: pdfetex font warnings
@ 2000-02-02 12:16 ` Neville Dean
From: Neville Dean @ 2000-02-02 12:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

Michael,

I too had recently installed Lucida Bright type 1 fonts and had similar
(though not identical problems) to yourself as regards pdfetex not being
able to find the Lucida fonts when producing pdf output. (Although
there's no problem with producing dvi output since that only requires the
tfm files.) Presumably there must be some way of telling pdfetex that the
Lucida fonts are type 1 rather than pk.

Unfortunately, I do not recall seeing any response to your question on the
mailing list. I would be very grateful to learn what, if anything, was
the advice given.

Cheers

Neville