I currently have a document in which there are numerous tables each with local footnotes marked by alphabetic characters. When I process the file, I get complaints like: pdfTeX warning (ext4): destination with the same identifier (name{a}) has been already used, duplicate ignored \egroup \thisisdestination ... \dostartthisislocation {#1} \dostopthisislocation \fi ... \dodowritereference ...nceprefix \lastreference }} \referenceinfo > \lastrefer... \rawprocesscommaitem ...commalevel \endcsname {#1} \expandafter \rawprocessco... \rawprocesscommalist ... \rawprocesscommaitem #1,] ,\global \advance \commale... \writereference ...[\!!stringa ]\dowritereference \fi \fi ... l.354 \footnotetext[a] {See \goto{Pingree 1977}[Pingree1977].} Is there a way to reset the localfootnote counter so that ConTeXt is happy and the footnotes marked by arabic numerals are undisturbed. Something like \resetnumber[localfootnotes] perhaps, though this does not work. Alan