* itemization vs itemization inside a tabulation stuggles
@ 2011-07-29 21:06 Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2011-07-29 21:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: NTG-Context ConTeXt users

Hi

I have a document where I use itemizations inside a tabulation. In this case the \head command is not respected and it overwrites the previous item.

Please refer to the enclosed example.

What am I doing wrong or is this a bug?

Kind regards

Willi

[-- Attachment #2: test-itemize.pdf --]

[-- Attachment #3: test-itemize.tex --]

% Context file
% Filename: untitled.tex
%
% 29-07-2011
% Copyright (c) 2011 BOEDE. All rights reserved.
%
% \nopdfcompression
% \enabletrackers[context.trace]
% \enabletrackers[system.jobfiles]

\usetypescriptfile[type-seravek]
\usetypescript[Seravek]
\setupbodyfont[Seravek,ss,12pt]
\setuppagenumbering[location=]
\setuplayout
	[topspace=2.5cm,
	backspace=1.5cm,
	header=0pt,
	footer=0pt,
	height=middle,
	width=middle]
\mainlanguage[nl]

%\showframe

\starttext

\startsection[title=Als gewone opsomming:]

\startitemize[2,packed]
   \item Repetitionen der 2. Woche
   \item Pferdekenntnis: \"aussere Teile, Haare und Farben
   \item Richtiges Aufhalten der Hufe zum R\"aumen und Waschen
   \item Einfache F\"uhr\"ubungen (Parcours) - saubere
       Einr\"uckungsarbeiten
   \item Vorbereiten der Lastgestelle
   \item Pferde decken mit Decke und Blache (mit und ohne Geschirr)

   \head Hufe aufhalten

       \startitemize[2,packed]
           \item in der Schmiede
           \item  zum Einsetzen der Stollen
       \stopitemize

   \item Ruhiger, fachgerechter Umgang mit Pferden
\stopitemize
\stopsection

\startsection[title=Opsomming binnen in een tabulatie:]

\starttabulate[|l|p|]
\NC 2
\NC \startitemize[2,packed]
       \item Repetitionen der 2. Woche
       \item Pferdekenntnis: \"aussere Teile, Haare und Farben
       \item Richtiges Aufhalten der Hufe zum R\"aumen und Waschen
       \item Einfache F\"uhr\"ubungen (Parcours) - saubere
           Einr\"uckungsarbeiten
       \item Vorbereiten der Lastgestelle
       \item Pferde decken mit Decke und Blache (mit und ohne Geschirr)

       \head Hufe aufhalten

           \startitemize[2,packed]
               \item in der Schmiede
               \item  zum Einsetzen der Stollen
           \stopitemize

       \item Ruhiger, fachgerechter Umgang mit Pferden
    \stopitemize
\NC\NR
\stoptabulate
\stopsection
\stoptext

* Re: itemization vs itemization inside a tabulation stuggles
@ 2011-07-30  8:12 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2011-07-30  8:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 29.07.2011 um 23:06 schrieb Willi Egger:

> Hi
>
> I have a document where I use itemizations inside a tabulation. In this case the \head command is not respected and it overwrites the previous item.
>
> Please refer to the enclosed example.
>
> What am I doing wrong or is this a bug?

A bug. I can’t offer you a fix but I made a minimal example where you can see the effect without itemize:

\starttext

\section{Test}

\starttabulate[|p|]
\NC
one \par
\blank[penalty:10000]
two \par
\blank[penalty:10000]
three
\NC\NR
\stoptabulate

\page

\section{Test}

\starttabulate[|p|]
\NC
one \par
%\blank[penalty:10000]
two \par
\blank[penalty:10000]
three
\NC\NR
\stoptabulate

\page

\section{Test}

\starttabulate[|p|]
\NC
one \par
\blank[penalty:10000]
two \par
%\blank[penalty:10000]
three
\NC\NR
\stoptabulate

\stoptext

Wolfgang

* Re: itemization vs itemization inside a tabulation stuggles
@ 2011-08-03 17:43 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2011-08-03 17:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 29-7-2011 11:06, Willi Egger wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have a document where I use itemizations inside a tabulation. In this case the \head command is not respected and it overwrites the previous item.
>
> Please refer to the enclosed example.
>
> What am I doing wrong or is this a bug?

As Wolfgang pointed out .. a side effect of the splitter in tabulate.

Workaround:

        \head Hufe aufhalten \crlf \par

or just

        \item Hufe anhalten

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2011-08-03 17:49   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2011-08-03 17:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 30-7-2011 10:12, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

> Am 29.07.2011 um 23:06 schrieb Willi Egger:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I have a document where I use itemizations inside a tabulation. In this case the \head command is not respected and it overwrites the previous item.
>>
>> Please refer to the enclosed example.
>>
>> What am I doing wrong or is this a bug?
>

> A bug. I can’t offer you a fix but I made a minimal example where you can see the effect without itemize:

even more fun with \showframe

> \starttext
>
> \section{Test}
>
> \starttabulate[|p|]
> \NC
> one \par
> \blank[penalty:10000]
> two \par
> \blank[penalty:10000]
> three
> \NC\NR
> \stoptabulate
>
> \page
>
> \section{Test}
>
> \starttabulate[|p|]
> \NC
> one \par
> %\blank[penalty:10000]
> two \par
> \blank[penalty:10000]
> three
> \NC\NR
> \stoptabulate
>
> \page
>
> \section{Test}
>
> \starttabulate[|p|]
> \NC
> one \par
> \blank[penalty:10000]
> two \par
> %\blank[penalty:10000]
> three
> \NC\NR
> \stoptabulate
>
> \stoptext
>
> Wolfgang

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2011-08-03 20:15   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2011-08-03 20:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 30-7-2011 10:12, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

> Am 29.07.2011 um 23:06 schrieb Willi Egger:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I have a document where I use itemizations inside a tabulation. In this case the \head command is not respected and it overwrites the previous item.
>>
>> Please refer to the enclosed example.
>>
>> What am I doing wrong or is this a bug?
>

> A bug. I can’t offer you a fix but I made a minimal example where you can see the effect without itemize:

A while ago I added an option for Thomas that bypasses the snapper (in
Willis case the head and in your case the penalties force a twoline
split which then overlaps du eto snapping). You can influence this with:

\setconstant \tabulatesplitlinemode \plustwo

(Not interfaced ... low level tweaking ... but stable. So, Willi should
wikify it.)

> \starttext
>
> \section{Test}
>
> \starttabulate[|p|]
> \NC
> one \par
> \blank[penalty:10000]
> two \par
> \blank[penalty:10000]
> three
> \NC\NR
> \stoptabulate
>
> \page
>
> \section{Test}
>
> \starttabulate[|p|]
> \NC
> one \par
> %\blank[penalty:10000]
> two \par
> \blank[penalty:10000]
> three
> \NC\NR
> \stoptabulate
>
> \page
>
> \section{Test}
>
> \starttabulate[|p|]
> \NC
> one \par
> \blank[penalty:10000]
> two \par
> %\blank[penalty:10000]
> three
> \NC\NR
> \stoptabulate
>
> \stoptext
>
> Wolfgang

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2011-08-03 21:03     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2011-08-03 21:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 3-8-2011 10:15, Hans Hagen wrote:

> \setconstant \tabulatesplitlinemode \plustwo

just \tabulatesplitlinemode \plustwo

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2011-08-04 13:30       ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2011-08-04 13:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ok I added a section to the wiki page over tabulation.

Willi