Dear all, I have sent this email already but a return message said that it was too large and would be posted at the discretion of the administrator. So I have made a sample file using only one word from the original .pdf file in the hope that it would be small enough. Apologies if I have broken protocol. I could get the proper characters as seen in the attached sample file using LaTeX with the preamble: \usepackage{palatino} \usepackage[T1]{fontenc} \usepackage[applemac]{inputenc} The result can be seen below. But I would like to achieve this in ConTeXt (not necessarily with Palatino). Can anyone give me advice on the setup commands needed. I have tried various ways but nothing has worked so far. My ConTeXt input file looks like this without any of the setups that I had been trying. I am using Gerben's installation on a Mac G4 OS 10.2.6. Also what command do I need in order to use mac inputencoding in ConTeXt? I think I saw it mentioned in one of the manuals but I cannot find it again. Of course for the \dh and \k in LaTeX I could not use Mac inputencoding. Thank you very much in advance, Charlie Doherty \definedescription [term] [location=serried,headstyle=bold,width=broad,before=\blank,after=\blank] \starttext \term {Lambay} {\em Lamb-\o y}, `Lamb island'. Island north of Howth Head. \term {Larne} {\em Ulfreksfj\k{o}r\dh r}, `Ulfrekr's fjord'. Now the town of Larne in Co.\ Antrim. \stoptext