* Question and Answer Blocks -- Feed back in one or two column mode.
@ 2006-07-08  4:49 David Arnold
From: David Arnold @ 2006-07-08  4:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

All,

If we have about 45 question blocks and accompanying answer blocks,
how can we typset some of the answer blocks in two column mode, other
of the answer blocks in one column mode, and the rest back in two
column mode. We don't mind manually editing a file to accomplish this.

* Re: Question and Answer Blocks -- Feed back in one or two column mode.
@ 2006-07-11 14:07 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2006-07-11 14:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi David,

David Arnold wrote:
> All,
>
> If we have about 45 question blocks and accompanying answer blocks,
> how can we typset some of the answer blocks in two column mode, other
> of the answer blocks in one column mode, and the rest back in two
> column mode. We don't mind manually editing a file to accomplish this.

I would not know how to do that (nicely, or at all). Using buffers
may be easier.

Taco

PS I mostly reply because this is the last 'open' email message in my
inbox (i weeded about 300 messages after eurotex), so you all know that
if I have not replied to you yet, I will not at all, and you may have
to re-send something if you want my attention.

* Re: Question and Answer Blocks -- Feed back in one or two column mode.
@ 2006-07-11 15:30   ` David Arnold
From: David Arnold @ 2006-07-11 15:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Jacob Prystowsky, Bruce Wagner

Well, Here is the reason. We have question blocks, longanswer blocks,
and shortanswer blocks. We are typesetiing all in 2-column mode.
However, every now and then, one of the longanswer blocks is too
difficult to typeset in two column mode and we'd like to switch over
to 1-column mode. So, if we to texmfstart texexec --mode=long
filename, with source somewhat like the following, some of our long
answers, say exercises 25-30, really need to be set in one-column
mode. We are looking for ideas.

% Exercise #1
\beginquestion
\startquestion
\stopquestion
\endquestion

\beginlonganswer
\startanswer
\stopanswer
\endlonganswer

\beginshortanswer
\startanswer
\stopanswer
\endshortanswer

% Exercise #40
\beginquestion
\startquestion
\stopquestion
\endquestion

\beginlonganswer
\startanswer
\stopanswer
\endlonganswer

\beginshortanswer
\startanswer
\stopanswer
\endshortanswer

\placeanswers\kern0pt

On Jul 11, 2006, at 7:07 AM, Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> David Arnold wrote:
>> All,
>>
>> If we have about 45 question blocks and accompanying answer blocks,
>> how can we typset some of the answer blocks in two column mode, other
>> of the answer blocks in one column mode, and the rest back in two
>> column mode. We don't mind manually editing a file to accomplish
>> this.
>
> I would not know how to do that (nicely, or at all). Using buffers
> may be easier.
>
> Taco
>
> PS I mostly reply because this is the last 'open' email message in my
> inbox (i weeded about 300 messages after eurotex), so you all know
> that
> if I have not replied to you yet, I will not at all, and you may have
> to re-send something if you want my attention.

* Here's what is done.
@ 2006-07-11 15:59   ` David Arnold
From: David Arnold @ 2006-07-11 15:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Jacob Prystowsky, Bruce Wagner

Hans, Taco,

See:

http://online.redwoods.edu/IntAlgText/

* Re: Here's what is done.
@ 2006-07-14 16:02     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2006-07-14 16:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Jacob Prystowsky, Bruce Wagner

David Arnold wrote:
> Hans, Taco,
>
> See:
>
> http://online.redwoods.edu/IntAlgText/

that's an impressive project

it would be nice to have links to such projects on the wiki

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE