* Modules, namespaces, Luacode etc..
@ 2010-09-30 18:40 Jaroslav Hajtmar
From: Jaroslav Hajtmar @ 2010-09-30 18:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello my wise masters of the Force and teachers of Jedi...

It seems that my first module (SCANCSV of scancsv.lua library of CTM in
Brejlov) work without any visible errors (without
documentation and with a junkyard yet), but I'm not sure whether is there a
hidden problem or future collisions. Therefore I have a few of questions
for
modules namespaces, luacode namespaces etc. I want to ask how relates a
namespace ConTeXt module with
namespace of Lua code, which is listed within this module and others
questions.

1. Is the namespace of Lua code independent of the namespace module?
2. If are ConTeXt macros defined in the module, are automatically in its
namespace?
3. Can both namespaces (module and Luacode) somehow connected?
4. What happens when I have two macros with the same name in two
different modules?
5. Can I call the macros of the same names in different namespaces
(diferent modules)?
6. Can I read about somewhere more?
7. I enclose below a minimal example of the module (I do not know why
there are some things) to comment or write yours comments and
suggestions, etc.

I'd like to start with something simpler, but this is the reality of our
Empire....
Thanks everyone for the advice or recommendations for the study.

Greetings
Jarda Hajtmar

My minimal example ..

% ************************** BEGIN MODULE

%D \module
%D   [     file=t-moduleexample,
%D      version=2010.09.27,
%D        title=\CONTEXT\ User Module,
%D     subtitle=Module example,
%D       author=Author Name,
%D         date=\currentdate,
%D    copyright=Copyright,
%D        email=mailaddress@domain.com,
%D      license=Public Domain]

%D \section{Title}
%D This is modul is intended for ...
%D The following option are availabe:
%D

%S B
%S Everything onwards is
%S skipped and does not
%S appear in the PDF.
%S E

\writestatus{loading}{ConTeXt User Module / Module example}

\unprotect

\startinterface all
   \setinterfacevariable {moduleexample} {moduleexample}
\stopinterface

\definenamespace
   [moduleexample]
   [type=module,
    comment=Module example,
    version=1,
    name=moduleexample,
    style=yes,
    command=yes,
    setup=list,
    parent=moduleexample]

\startluacode

     thirddata = thirddata or { }

     thirddata.moduleexample = {
         gVar1='xxxx', -- comment
         gVar2='yyyyy', -- comment
         -- etc...
     }

     function thirddata.moduleexample.myfirstfunction(parameter)
         local locvar=parameter
         tex.print("Input parameter : "..locvar)
         thirddata.moduleexample.gVar1=locvar
         return locvar
     end

     function thirddata.moduleexample.mysecondfunction()
         tex.print("Output parameter: "..thirddata.moduleexample.gVar1)
     end

\stopluacode

\def\myfirstmodulemacro#1{\ctxlua{thirddata.moduleexample.myfirstfunction("#1")}}

\def\mysecondmodulemacro{\ctxlua{thirddata.moduleexample.mysecondfunction()}}

\protect \endinput

% ************************** END MODULE

% ************************** BEGIN USING MODULE

\usemodule[t-moduleexample]

\starttext

\myfirstmodulemacro{Hello World!}

\mysecondmodulemacro

\stoptext

% ************************** END USING MODULE

* Re: Modules, namespaces, Luacode etc..
@ 2010-09-30 18:53 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2010-09-30 18:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 30.09.2010 um 20:40 schrieb Jaroslav Hajtmar:

> Hello my wise masters of the Force and teachers of Jedi...
>
> It seems that my first module (SCANCSV of scancsv.lua library of CTM in Brejlov) work without any visible errors (without
> documentation and with a junkyard yet), but I'm not sure whether is there a
> hidden problem or future collisions. Therefore I have a few of questions for
> modules namespaces, luacode namespaces etc. I want to ask how relates a namespace ConTeXt module with
> namespace of Lua code, which is listed within this module and others questions.
>
> 1. Is the namespace of Lua code independent of the namespace module?

Yes.

> 2. If are ConTeXt macros defined in the module, are automatically in its namespace?

No, the namespace in a module is only for keys and key-value-lists. When you write a command with the same name as a core command the core definition is overwritten and lost.

> 3. Can both namespaces (module and Luacode) somehow connected?

You can try to use the same namespace in TeX and Lua but thats up to you.

> 4. What happens when I have two macros with the same name in two different modules?

The last definition is the current meaning of the command, e.g. in this example the command \befehl has the content “Befehl” because it’s the last defintion.

\def\befehl{command} % \befehl has not the content “command”

\def\befehl{Befehl} % \befehl has now the content “Befehl” and the content of the first definition is lost

> 5. Can I call the macros of the same names in different namespaces (diferent modules)?

When you call them inside of a environment it’s possible.

\def\startenvone{\bgroup\def\befehl{command}}
\def\stopenvone {\egroup}

\def\startenvtwo{\bgroup\def\befehl{befehl}}
\def\stopenvtwo {\egroup}

\starttext
\startenvone \befehl \stopenvone % \befehl == “command”
\startenvtwo \befehl \stopenvtwo % \befehl == “befehl”
\stoptext

> 6. Can I read about somewhere more?

- The programming pages on the wiki.
- A book about plain TeX {e.g. The TeXbook, TeX by Topic, TeX for the Impatient etc.)

> 7. I enclose below a minimal example of the module (I do not know why there are some things) to comment or write yours comments and suggestions, etc.

Give me some time to write a detailed description of the \definenamespace command.

Wolfgang

* Re: Modules, namespaces, Luacode etc..
@ 2010-10-01  7:51   ` Jaroslav Hajtmar
From: Jaroslav Hajtmar @ 2010-10-01  7:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanx Wolfgang
puzzle starts to fit itself ...