* simplefonts not found
@ 2009-12-29 20:30 Hans van der Meer
From: Hans van der Meer @ 2009-12-29 20:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: NTG ConTeXt

Freshly loaded contextbeta an hour ago.
Retrieved simplefonts from the ConTeXt site.
Unpacked the zip and put the t-simplefonts .lua and .tex files inside
the directory where all my context (user) input files reside.
Read the (somewhat terse) documentation.
Ran contextbeta on:
\usemodule[simplefonts]
\setmainfont[schoolbook][schola]
\setsansfont[helvetica][heros]
\setmonofont[courier][cursor]
\starttext
Hello world!
\stoptext

Result in the log:
system          : module simplefonts not found
! Undefined control sequence.
<recently read> \setmainfont

l.3 \setmainfont
                 [schoolbook][schola]

Now what? Why are my files in the same directory found and simplefonts
is not?

Hans van der Meer

* Re: simplefonts not found
@ 2009-12-29 20:39 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2009-12-29 20:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

http://wiki.contextgarden.net/ConTeXt_Minimals#Installing_third_party_modules

> Retrieved simplefonts from the ConTeXt site.
> Unpacked the zip and put the t-simplefonts .lua and .tex files inside the directory where all my context (user) input files reside.

Is your user directory in the TeX directory?

This is where my local version of simplefonts resides:
/Users/wolf/context/tex/texmf-local/tex/context/third/simplefonts/t-simplefonts.tex

> Read the (somewhat terse) documentation.

I hope to improve this with simplefonts 3.

> \setmainfont[schoolbook][schola]
> \setsansfont[helvetica][heros]
> \setmonofont[courier][cursor]

\setmainfont[TeX Gyre Schola]
\setsansfont[TeX Gyre Heros]
\setmonofont[TeX Gyre Cursor]

Wolfgang

* Re: simplefonts not found
@ 2009-12-29 21:40   ` Hans van der Meer
From: Hans van der Meer @ 2009-12-29 21:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 29 dec 2009, at 21:39, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:

> Am 29.12.2009 um 21:30 schrieb Hans van der Meer:
>
>> Freshly loaded contextbeta an hour ago.
>
> http://wiki.contextgarden.net/ConTeXt_Minimals#Installing_third_party_modules
>
>> Retrieved simplefonts from the ConTeXt site.
>> Unpacked the zip and put the t-simplefonts .lua and .tex files
>> inside the directory where all my context (user) input files reside.
>
> Is your user directory in the TeX directory?
>
> This is where my local version of simplefonts resides:
> /Users/wolf/context/tex/texmf-local/tex/context/third/simplefonts/t-
> simplefonts.tex

My files reside in /Users/hans/Library/texmf/tex/context/user/t-
simplefonts.tex
where for example also is /Users/hans/Library/texmf/tex/context/user/
hvdm-cas.tex
and that file is found and the module in it loaded without a hitch.

Hans van der Meer

* Re: simplefonts not found
@ 2009-12-29 21:43     ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2009-12-29 21:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 29 Dec 2009, Hans van der Meer wrote:

> On 29 dec 2009, at 21:39, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
>

>> Am 29.12.2009 um 21:30 schrieb Hans van der Meer:
>>
>>> Freshly loaded contextbeta an hour ago.
>>
>> http://wiki.contextgarden.net/ConTeXt_Minimals#Installing_third_party_modules
>>
>>> Retrieved simplefonts from the ConTeXt site.
>>> Unpacked the zip and put the t-simplefonts .lua and .tex files inside the
>>> directory where all my context (user) input files reside.
>>
>> Is your user directory in the TeX directory?
>>
>> This is where my local version of simplefonts resides:
>> /Users/wolf/context/tex/texmf-local/tex/context/third/simplefonts/t-simplefonts.tex
>>

> My files reside in
> /Users/hans/Library/texmf/tex/context/user/t-simplefonts.tex
> where for example also is
> /Users/hans/Library/texmf/tex/context/user/hvdm-cas.tex
> and that file is found and the module in it loaded without a hitch.

Did you run luatools --generate?

Aditya

* Re: simplefonts not found
@ 2009-12-29 21:46     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2009-12-29 21:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 29.12.2009 um 22:40 schrieb Hans van der Meer:

>>> Unpacked the zip and put the t-simplefonts .lua and .tex files inside the directory where all my context (user) input files reside.
>>
>> Is your user directory in the TeX directory?
>>
>> This is where my local version of simplefonts resides:
>> /Users/wolf/context/tex/texmf-local/tex/context/third/simplefonts/t-simplefonts.tex
>
> My files reside in /Users/hans/Library/texmf/tex/context/user/t-simplefonts.tex
> where for example also is /Users/hans/Library/texmf/tex/context/user/hvdm-cas.tex
> and that file is found and the module in it loaded without a hitch.

Did you update the file database with 'luatools --generate',
what's the output from 'luatools t-simplefonts.tex'.

Wolfgang

* Re: simplefonts not found
@ 2009-12-29 22:55       ` Hans van der Meer
From: Hans van der Meer @ 2009-12-29 22:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Did you update the file database with 'luatools --generate',
> what's the output from 'luatools t-simplefonts.tex'.

No, I thought that in TeX the given TeX-home is always searched first.
Such that normally a 'texhash' is not required whenthings are changed.
I seem to remember that changes in files residing in that ../tex/
context/user directory always had an immediate effect.

It is also possible that I have let myself been misled by the fact
that the contextbeta is installed in location separate from the
texlive setup used with older versions. In that case, will it be
sufficient if I add the relevant location in a TEXMF (or whatever
should I use?) shell variable? I is "luatools --generate" an absolute
must?

Hans van der Meer