From: Maurice Diamantini <mdiam@free.fr>
Cc: Diamantini Maurice <Maurice.Diamantini@ensta.fr>
Subject: Re: Yet Another Install Problem (contextlive)
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 11:28:13 +0100	[thread overview]

Le 3 mars 06 à 00:22, Hans Hagen a écrit :

> Maurice Diamantini (dom) wrote:
>> I first try to install the texlive-2005 but fall into problems
>> with ConTeXt font (without using any any customized fonts!)...
>>
> there is indeed a problem with tl 2006 : some lm related filenames
> were
> changed
>
> just take the zip from the website

Which zip from which website?
You mean some more recent texlive from
    http://www.tug.org/ftp/texlive/Images/ ?
Or the context zips from the pragma site ?

>> So I'm now trying the standolone ConTeXt distribution which I thought
>> should be a robust and easy to maintain solution...
>>      wget http://mirror.contextgarden.net/context/install/
>> linuxtex.zip
>>      wget http://mirror.contextgarden.net/context/install/
>> macosxtex.zip
>>      wget http://mirror.contextgarden.net/context/install/justtex.zip
>>      unzip
>>
>>      . tex/setuptex
>>      type -a mktexlsr texexec ;# to verify
>>
>>      texexec --make --alone
>>
>> Error !!
>> ! pdfetex.pool doesn't match; tangle me again (or fix the path).
>>
>> #################################################################
>>
>> So, my question is: what am I doing wrong??
>> Are the above commands suposed to work as is?

texmfstart texexec --make --alone
    ! pdfetex.pool doesn't match; tangle me again (or fix the path).

So same error but a pdftex is created in the current directory
(just above the main tex ConTeXt directory)
But the above "texexec --make --alone" seams to create file
in the "texmf-macosx/web2c" directory

> seems like you have the wrong pool file
>
> can you try newtexexec?
texmfstart newtexexec --make --alone
    ! pdfetex.pool doesn't match; tangle me again (or fix the path).

This commande create a pdftex directory in the current directory as
above.
So I change dir into "texmf-macosx/web2c", redo the texmfstart but
get the same result.

> how many pool files do you have on your system?

I have several "pdfetex.pool" because I have tetex (from fink which
work)
texlive-2004 (which worked but is unused) and texlive-2005 which doen't
work. But neither of these TeX distribution are in my path during
these trys

   type -a texexec latex
   texexec is /Users/diam/live/local/pack/tex/context-20060215/tex/
texmf-macosx/bin/texexec
   bash: type: latex: not found

   cd texmf-macosx/web2c
   mv pdfetex.pool pdfetex.pool.bak
   texmfstart newtexexec --make --alone

      ! I can't read pdfetex.pool; bad path?

So i seem it is the right pdfetex.pool file
      -rw-r--r--   1 diam  uma   36906  8 fév 09:52 pdfetex.pool.bak

On more try : I stole the pool file from the linux tree to the macosx
tree
   cp -p ../../texmf-linux/web2c/pdfetex.pool .
   texmfstart newtexexec --make --alone

... and the formats is creaded !! ...
... But I can compile any context file !?

So it mean the macosx pool file is broken?

Maurice