* PDF Bookmarks
@ 2013-01-26 18:01 Troy Henderson
From: Troy Henderson @ 2013-01-26 18:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

I would like to create PDF bookmarks in my ConTeXt document, but I do not
want my document arranged in "normal" chapter/sections.  I know that I can
do

\setupinteraction[state=start]
\placebookmarks[chapter,section,subsection][chapter,section]
\setupinteractionscreen[option=bookmark]

and then in my document I can do

\chapter{Foo}

In this case, my PDF bookmark appears as "1 Foo".  Furthermore, in the
document itself, the chapter heading shows as "1 Foo".  I would like the
bookmark to just appear as "Foo" and I do not want ANY chapter/section
headings when I issue the \chapter{Foo} or \section{Bar} commands.  That
is, in the document, I would like those commands to basically JUST create
the bookmarks and have the bookmarks omit the chapter/section number.

Troy

* Re: PDF Bookmarks
@ 2013-01-26 18:37 ` Rogers, Michael K
From: Rogers, Michael K @ 2013-01-26 18:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Jan 26, 2013, at 1:01 PM, Troy Henderson <thenders@gmail.com>
 wrote:

> I would like to create PDF bookmarks in my ConTeXt document, but I do not want my document arranged in "normal" chapter/sections.  I know that I can do
>
> \setupinteraction[state=start]
> \placebookmarks[chapter,section,subsection][chapter,section]
> \setupinteractionscreen[option=bookmark]
>
> and then in my document I can do
>
> \chapter{Foo}
>
> In this case, my PDF bookmark appears as "1 Foo".  Furthermore, in the document itself, the chapter heading shows as "1 Foo".  I would like the bookmark to just appear as "Foo" and I do not want ANY chapter/section headings when I issue the \chapter{Foo} or \section{Bar} commands.  That is, in the document, I would like those commands to basically JUST create the bookmarks and have the bookmarks omit the chapter/section number.
>
> Troy

Try this:

\setuphead[chapter,section,subsection][number=no,placehead=no]

________________________________

prohibited.

* Re: PDF Bookmarks
@ 2013-01-26 20:22   ` Troy Henderson
From: Troy Henderson @ 2013-01-26 20:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

> \setuphead[chapter,section,subsection][number=no,placehead=no]

Outstanding.  The only problem that I have now is that issuing

\chapther{Foo}

immediately before

\copypages[path/to/file.pdf]

forces a new (blank) page before the external page is inserted.  Without
the \chapter{Foo} command, this new page is not inserted.

Troy

* Re: PDF Bookmarks
@ 2013-01-26 21:21     ` Troy Henderson
From: Troy Henderson @ 2013-01-26 21:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

\chapter{Foo}\page[no]
\copypages[path/to/file.pdf]

did the trick.

Troy

* Re: PDF Bookmarks
@ 2013-01-26 23:07       ` Rogers, Michael K
From: Rogers, Michael K @ 2013-01-26 23:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Jan 26, 2013, at 4:21 PM, Troy Henderson <thenders@gmail.com>
 wrote:

> \chapter{Foo}\page[no]
> \copypages[path/to/file.pdf]
>
> did the trick.
>
> Troy

This should work, too:

\setuphead[chapter,section,subsection][number=no,placehead=no,page=no]

________________________________

prohibited.

* Re: pdf bookmarks
@ 2005-06-08 18:55 Brigitte und Stefan Bunzel
From: Brigitte und Stefan Bunzel @ 2005-06-08 18:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I noted a strange effect with the pdf bookmarks.
With this source:

\setupinteraction[state=start]
\setupinteractionscreen[option=bookmark]
\definelist[level1]
\setuplist[level1] %%[coupling=off]
\placebookmarks[level1]
\starttext
Hi.
\bookmark[level1]{A bookmark at level1}
Hello on first page.
\page
Hello on second page.
\stoptext

I get a pdf output which has a duplicated bookmark and both bookmark refer
to page two instead of page 1.

Any idea what's the problem?

Regards,

Stefan

* Re: pdf bookmarks
@ 2005-05-05 10:02     ` John R. Culleton
From: John R. Culleton @ 2005-05-05 10:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: h h extern

On Sunday 13 March 2005 09:31 pm, h h extern wrote:
> VnPenguin wrote:
> > On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 20:56:06 +0000, David Waller <davidwaller1@gmail.com>
wrote:
> >>Hello,
> >>
> >>I am trying to produce bookmarks in the PDF file produced with context.
> >>
> >> I can produce bookmarks but I am unable to get any hierarchy of
> >> bookmarks such that chapters can just be displayed initially and then
> >> the
> >>sections open up.
> >
> > With
> >
> > \placebookmarks[chapter,section,subsection]
> >
> > I got a perfect bookmark :)
>
> \placebookmarks [chapter,section,subsection]
>                  [chapter]
>
> will do the same but open only chapter ones by default
>
> Hans

As it happens, on my computer, using Linux, both xpdf and
Acrobat Reader 7.0 display all bookmarks by default. Here is my
line:

 \placebookmarks [chapter,section] [chapter]

If I change the line to
 \placebookmarks [chapter,section] [chap]

It works as described by Hans above.

But I can live with that. My real problem is with bookmarking
the table of contents. If I use this configuration:
\bookmark[chapter]{Contents}
\completecontent
I get a double bookmark. All other combinations yield no bookmark
at all. I tried changing the name from Contents to Contenzz and
I got two occurrences of Contentzz in the bookmarks.

Messing with the first parameter [chapter] yields either no
bookmark or a double bookmark.

Also, on the TOC proper, the word Contents (or Contentzz) is repeated twice,
in body font, ahead of the bold faced and larger title generated
by \completecontent.

The documentation on this feature is a bit sparse. I looked at
the source but the comments there did not address this
situation.

--

John Culleton
The answers to all your publishing questions are found

* Re: pdf bookmarks
@ 2005-03-13 21:31   ` h h extern
From: h h extern @ 2005-03-13 21:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

VnPenguin wrote:
> On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 20:56:06 +0000, David Waller <davidwaller1@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Hello,
>>
>>I am trying to produce bookmarks in the PDF file produced with context.
>>
>> I can produce bookmarks but I am unable to get any hierarchy of bookmarks
>>such that chapters can just be displayed initially and then the
>>sections open up.
>

> With
>
> \placebookmarks[chapter,section,subsection]
>
> I got a perfect bookmark :)

\placebookmarks [chapter,section,subsection]
                 [chapter]

will do the same but open only chapter ones by default

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: pdf bookmarks
@ 2005-03-08 21:07 ` VnPenguin
From: VnPenguin @ 2005-03-08 21:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 20:56:06 +0000, David Waller <davidwaller1@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to produce bookmarks in the PDF file produced with context.
>
>  I can produce bookmarks but I am unable to get any hierarchy of bookmarks
> such that chapters can just be displayed initially and then the
> sections open up.

With

\placebookmarks[chapter,section,subsection]

I got a perfect bookmark :)

* pdf bookmarks
@ 2005-03-08 20:56 David Waller
From: David Waller @ 2005-03-08 20:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I am trying to produce bookmarks in the PDF file produced with context.

 I can produce bookmarks but I am unable to get any hierarchy of bookmarks
such that chapters can just be displayed initially and then the
sections open up.

 I am able to do this in latex, with hyperref, and am looking for a
list of commands, or guidance, which would allow me to do the same in
context.

Thanks

David Waller