* Using \stretched in macro fails
@ 2013-04-06 14:26 Rogers, Michael K
From: Rogers, Michael K @ 2013-04-06 14:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Below \stretched works by itself, but causes a fatal error when in the macro (\Name).  I get the same result with all variants.
Perhaps there's a better way?

MWE:

%%%%%%%%
\def\Name{\stretched[width=]}
%\def\Name#1{\stretched[width=]{#1}}
%\define[1]\Name{\stretched[width=]{#1}}

\starttext

\stretched[width=]{Hi there!}

St. \Name{Banach}

\stoptext
%%%%%%%%

Here's part of the log:

ConTeXt  ver: 2013.04.05 22:00 MKIV beta  fmt: 2013.4.6  int: english/english
…
! This can't happen (add_disc_widths).

system          > tex > error on line 10 in file foo18453.tex: This can't happen ( ...

 1     \def\Name{\stretched[width=]}
 2     \def\Name#1{\stretched[width=]{#1}}
 3     %\define[1]\Name{\stretched[width=]{#1}}
 4
 5     \starttext
 6
 7     \stretched[width=]{Hi there!}
 8
 9     St. \Name{Banach}
10 >>
11     \stoptext
12
13

l.10

!  ==> Fatal error occurred, no output PDF file produced!
mtx-context     | fatal error: return code: 1

________________________________

prohibited.

* Re: Using \stretched in macro fails
@ 2013-04-06 14:45 ` Rogers, Michael K
From: Rogers, Michael K @ 2013-04-06 14:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

OK, it's not the macro.  This fails (same error: ! This can't happen (add_disc_widths)):

\starttext
St. \stretched[width=]{Banac}
\stoptext

This works: