* Re: How to use musical symbols from a font
       [not found] <mailman.777.1272527060.4277.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2010-04-29 19:53 ` Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky
From: Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky @ 2010-04-29 19:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi,

Thanks, Willi, for the idea, but I cannot get it to work. My version of
the script

\starttext
\definefontsynonym[Wingdings][Wingdings.ttf]
\definesymbol[box][\getglyph{Wingdings}{\char113}]
%\def\Check%
%   {{\tfa\symbol[box]}}

\symbol[box]
\stoptext

gives the following error (I have Wingdings.ttf in my Windows/Fonts folder):

!define font    : forced type ttf of Wingdings not found
!define font    : font with name Wingdings is not found
!define font    : unknown font Wingdings, loading aborted
! Font \thedefinedfont=Wingdings.ttf at 12pt not loadable: metric data
not found or bad.
<to be read again>
                    \relax
\symbolicsizedfont ...cale \scaledfontsize \relax
                                                   \thedefinedfont
\getglyph #1#2->{\symbolicfont {#1}
                                    \doifnumberelse {#2}\char \donothing #2}
\dodosymbol ...bol \csname \??ss :#1:#2\endcsname
                                                   \relax }\relax
\donormalsymbol ...bol \redosymbol \currentsymbol
                                                   \fi \fi
<to be read again>
                    \stoptext
l.8 \stoptext

?

--
Best Regards,
Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky

* Re: How to use musical symbols from a font
@ 2010-04-29 21:04   ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2010-04-29 21:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Apparently the font is not found. So make sure that TeX can find the font. Probably you need to check whether the OSFONTDIR is set correctly. Otherwise copy the to a place e.g. texmf-local en run luatools --generate.

I hop this helps.

Willi

       [not found] <mailman.789.1272575065.4277.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2010-04-29 21:27 ` Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky
From: Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky @ 2010-04-29 21:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

A-ha!

The solution that file name should be wingding.ttf versus wingdings.ttf.

OSFONTDIR is ok, my installer sets it properly :)

Thanks for help. works perfectly.

I only cannot understand what the following do:

\def\Check%
    {{\tfa\symbol[box]}}

--
Best Regards,
Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky

* Re: How to use musical symbols from a font
@ 2010-04-28 20:46   ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2010-04-28 20:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

       [not found] <mailman.754.1272384331.4277.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2010-04-27 21:35 ` Vyatcheslav Yatskovsky