* headers etc.
@ 2002-04-26  5:48 Idris Samawi Hamid
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Idris Samawi Hamid @ 2002-04-26  5:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear ConTeXtnicians,

I have two questions about headers. Here is the basic layout:

\setuplayout[width=middle,height=middle,location={middle,doublesided},marking=on]
\setuppagenumbering[location=footer,alternative=singlesided]

Question1: According to the manual, the order of arguments corresponding to header placement in double-sided output is thus:

\setupheadertexts[ left text][ right text] [right .][ left .]

But I get something different: [ left text] [ right text] on the odd page, [right .][ left .] on the even page. The even page headers are
reversed! Is the manual incorrect or is something else going on?

Question2: I want [Heading A] in the _middle_ of the header space of each even page and [Heading B] in the _middle_ of the header space of each odd page. How do I accomplish that? It's not
clear from the manual.

Finally, what are the centering commands? I found \cbox{} but the manual suggests that this command not be used "in running text". What r my choices?

Best wishes
Idris

==========================
Dr. Idris Samawi Hamid
Depatment of Philosophy
Colorado State University
Fort Collins, CO 80526

* Re: headers etc.
@ 2002-04-26  5:52 ` Idris Samawi Hamid
From: Idris Samawi Hamid @ 2002-04-26  5:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

4/25/02 11:48:41 PM, Idris Samawi Hamid <ishamid@attbi.com> wrote:

>\setupheadertexts[ left text][ right text] [right .][ left .]

CORRECTION:

\setupheadertexts[ left text][ right text] [left.][right .]

This is what's in the manual! The last 2 arguments are printed in reverse as I described.

Idris
==========================
Dr. Idris Samawi Hamid
Depatment of Philosophy
Colorado State University
Fort Collins, CO 80526

* Re: headers etc.
@ 2002-04-26  9:21 ` Nigel King
From: Nigel King @ 2002-04-26  9:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Finally, what are the centering commands? I found \cbox{} but the manual
> suggests that this command not be used "in running text". What r my choices?
\startalignment[middle]...\stopalignment
middle can be changed for right or left for ragged right or ragged left.
This is opposite to my way of thinking.

\midaligned{...} is the single line method

regards
--
Nigel

* Re: headers etc.
@ 2002-04-26 13:15   ` Idris Samawi Hamid
From: Idris Samawi Hamid @ 2002-04-26 13:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

>\startalignment[middle]...\stopalignment
>middle can be changed for right or left for ragged right or ragged left.
>This is opposite to my way of thinking.

I agree: that is certainly counter intuitive. \startalignment[right] should mean "right-aligned", i.e., "right-justified", viz, [ragged left].. I would suggest to Hans to add the following argument options as
equivalents:
[ragright] and [ragleft]. Much more intuitive.

Thnk u 4 your help!

Best
Idris

==========================
Dr. Idris Samawi Hamid
Depatment of Philosophy
Colorado State University
Fort Collins, CO 80526

* Re: headers etc.
@ 2002-04-26 20:55 ` Idris Samawi Hamid
From: Idris Samawi Hamid @ 2002-04-26 20:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

4/25/02 11:48:41 PM, Idris Samawi Hamid <ishamid@attbi.com> wrote:

>Question2: I want [Heading A] in the _middle_ of the header space of each even page and [Heading B] in the _middle_ of the header space of each odd page. How do I accomplish that? It's not
>clear from the manual.

I found an answer; 4 actually:-)

\setupheadertexts[\midaligned{eventext}] [] [midaligned{oddtext}] []