* headers etc.
@ 2002-04-26  5:48 Idris Samawi Hamid
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Idris Samawi Hamid @ 2002-04-26  5:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear ConTeXtnicians,

I have two questions about headers. Here is the basic layout:

\setuplayout[width=middle,height=middle,location={middle,doublesided},marking=on]
\setuppagenumbering[location=footer,alternative=singlesided]

Question1: According to the manual, the order of arguments corresponding to header placement in double-sided output is thus:

\setupheadertexts[ left text][ right text] [right .][ left .]

But I get something different: [ left text] [ right text] on the odd page, [right .][ left .] on the even page. The even page headers are
reversed! Is the manual incorrect or is something else going on?

Question2: I want [Heading A] in the _middle_ of the header space of each even page and [Heading B] in the _middle_ of the header space of each odd page. How do I accomplish that? It's not
clear from the manual.

Finally, what are the centering commands? I found \cbox{} but the manual suggests that this command not be used "in running text". What r my choices?

Best wishes
Idris

Dr. Idris Samawi Hamid
Depatment of Philosophy