* \startnarrower
@ 2018-12-13 11:15 Hans van der Meer
From: Hans van der Meer @ 2018-12-13 11:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: NTG ConTeXt

Is it possible to not indent the very first line of narrower content?

Thus
\startnarrower
first line
second line
etc.
\stopnarrower

resulting in:
first line
    second line
    etc.

dr. Hans van der Meer

* Re: \startnarrower
@ 2018-12-13 16:06 ` Wolfgang Schuster
       [not found]   ` <4490057D-7524-4640-9CA5-6BA2298581B0@ziggo.nl>
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2018-12-13 16:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans van der Meer schrieb am 13.12.18 um 12:15:
> Is it possible to not indent the very first line of narrower content?
>
> Thus
> \startnarrower
> first line
> second line
> etc.
> \stopnarrower
>
> resulting in:
> first line
>     second line
>     etc.
Use a negative value for the indentation of the paragraph.

When you use the delimitedtext environment instead of narrower you can
do it with the indenting key.

\definedelimitedtext
   [narrowtext]
   [leftmargin=2em,
    indenting={yes,-2em}]

\showframe [text] [text]

\starttext

\startdelimitedtext [narrowtext]
\samplefile{zapf}
\stopdelimitedtext

\stoptext

Wolfgang

* Re: \startnarrower
       [not found]   ` <4490057D-7524-4640-9CA5-6BA2298581B0@ziggo.nl>
@ 2018-12-20 17:16     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2018-12-20 17:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hans van der Meer; +Cc: mailing users

Hans van der Meer schrieb am 20.12.18 um 14:15:
> Wolfgang,
>
> Your solution works, but repeats after every \par. The purpose was to
> have the very first line only as the one without the indent. I tried
> several parameters from \definedelimitedtext and from \setupindenting,
> but could not achieve that result.
> Below an example that exhibits the behaviour I am looking for, but at
> the expense of a \setupindentig roughly after the first \par.
> Is there a better solution?
>
> \definedelimitedtext
>    [narrowtext]
>    [leftmargin=2em,
>     indenting={yes,-2em},
>     ]
>
> \showframe [text] [text]
>
> \starttext
>
> \startdelimitedtext [narrowtext]
> This is a text meant to make a long paragraph such that it stretches
> over more than one line when typeset for example on an A4 page in order
> to demonstrate the behaviour of definedelimitedtext.
> %\setupindenting[no] works here too
> \par
> \setupindenting[no]
> This is a text meant to make a long paragraph such that it stretches
> over more than one line when typeset for example on an A4 page in order
> to demonstrate the behaviour of definedelimitedtext.
> \par
> \stopdelimitedtext
>
> \stoptext

\definehspace [outdent] [-2em]