* issues with \scitebuffer and \sciteinlinebuffer
@ 2017-09-05 16:33 Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2017-09-05 16:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans,

after updating to latest beta (from 2017.09.05 15:10) to enjoy the new
none method in the scite buffers, I have the following sample:

    \setupindenting[yes, always, big]
    \usemodule[scite]
    \setuptyping[margin=2cm]
    \startbuffer[typebuffer]
    | \ConTeXt\ \ConteXt \par
    \stopbuffer
    \starttext
    \scitebuffer[typebuffer]

    \scitebuffer[none][typebuffer]

    \letterbar a \sciteinlinebuffer[typebuffer]. b
    \stoptext

And I’m experiencing the following issues:

1. "|" breaks compilation when method is set to "none".

2. "\sciteinlinebuffer" adds always an extra blank space after it.

3. Method "none" treats spaces as linebreaks and removes "\".

4. \setuptyping and \setuptype don’t work with the scite buffers.

What am I doing wrong?

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk

* Re: issues with \scitebuffer and \sciteinlinebuffer
@ 2017-09-05 19:31 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2017-09-05 19:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 9/5/2017 6:33 PM, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
> Hans,
>
> after updating to latest beta (from 2017.09.05 15:10) to enjoy the new
> none method in the scite buffers, I have the following sample:
>
>      \setupindenting[yes, always, big]
>      \usemodule[scite]
>      \setuptyping[margin=2cm]
>      \startbuffer[typebuffer]
>      | \ConTeXt\ \ConteXt \par
>      \stopbuffer
>      \starttext
>      \scitebuffer[typebuffer]
>
>      \scitebuffer[none][typebuffer]
>
>      \letterbar a \sciteinlinebuffer[typebuffer]. b
>      \stoptext
>
> And I’m experiencing the following issues:
>
> 1. "|" breaks compilation when method is set to "none".

i'll look at it later

> 2. "\sciteinlinebuffer" adds always an extra blank space after it.
>
> 3. Method "none" treats spaces as linebreaks and removes "\".
>
> 4. \setuptyping and \setuptype don’t work with the scite buffers.
well, it's a different (basically unrelated) mechanism that kicks in ...
one can't have it all

Hans

* Re: issues with \scitebuffer and \sciteinlinebuffer
@ 2017-09-05 21:20   ` Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2017-09-05 21:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 09/05/2017 09:31 PM, Hans Hagen wrote:
>> [...]
>> 4. \setuptyping and \setuptype don’t work with the scite buffers.
> well, it's a different (basically unrelated) mechanism that kicks in ...
> one can't have it all

Weird, I thought ConTeXt followed this design philosophy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFDcoX7s6rE :-).

I realize that my timing is bad, since next meeting needs preparation.

Could we discuss the main issue (a broader one) after the meeting (by
the end of the month)?

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo
--

@ 2017-09-05 22:16     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2017-09-05 22:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywcqultfYaM

> I realize that my timing is bad, since next meeting needs preparation.
>
> Could we discuss the main issue (a broader one) after the meeting (by
> the end of the month)?
depends on what the broader issue is ... supporting margin is no big
deal but the other setuptyping things (escapes and such) are rather
bound to the default visualizer and while the scite ones are more
advanced wrt lexing they are also isolated from the default visualizers
(they get hooked into the typing mechanism but follow a different route
from source to rendering)

my main reason for making the m-scite module was that i wanted to use
the mixed lexer i also use for editing (which btw is not always best for
typesetting) and i might add features when i need them but there is no
real plan there

Hans

* Re: issues with \scitebuffer and \sciteinlinebuffer
@ 2017-09-06 20:35       ` Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2017-09-06 20:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 09/06/2017 12:16 AM, Hans Hagen wrote:

>> Could we discuss the main issue (a broader one) after the meeting (by
>> the end of the month)?
> > depends on what the broader issue is ... supporting margin is no big
> deal but the other setuptyping things (escapes and such) are rather
> bound to the default visualizer and while the scite ones are more
> advanced wrt lexing they are also isolated from the default visualizers
> (they get hooked into the typing mechanism but follow a different route
> from source to rendering)
>
> my main reason for making the m-scite module was that i wanted to use
> the mixed lexer i also use for editing (which btw is not always best for
> typesetting) and i might add features when i need them but there is no
> real plan there

Hans, m-scite isn’t part of the main issue, only the wrong way to
workaround it.

But we’ll discuss this at the end of this month.

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk