Good day to everyone, I'm trying to make a verbatim block of text with copiable leading spaces so that students can just copy my Python code snippets into their IDE. I believe the question has been asked before (though I confess I can't find the right search terms to find the answer again). I get that PDFs are not the optimal way to give code to students (which is why for longer snippets, I just give them the files or I attach them into the PDF), but for short snippets it would be so much simpler... I recently stumbled onto this article: https://www.overleaf.com/latex/examples/using-luatex-to-convert-interword-glue-to-spaces-and-kerns/sfdkdkybrvkv wherein the author replaces the TeX glue with spaces and kerning. I was wondering whether the same idea could be applied within the typing environment but making a primitive verbatim environment using \obeylines and \obeyspaces did not result in copiable spaces. Unfortunately, whilst I have some concepts of how luatex works on the input file, the step wherein a pdf is formed is fairly misterious to me, meaning I can't really understand the Lua code from said article (https://gist.github.com/Semptum/076cca71bc251ebe19ff96c5effca3cb). Hence, my three questions: - Is it even realistic to make such a typing environment? - What would be the best path to do so? - Can someone recommend some reading material specifically about this kind of typographical adjustments using LuaTex? Stuff like adjusting the glyphs's position, replacing characters with combined characters etc... Sorry if that's a bit vague, as you can see from the rest of the message, I never really went too deep into the later stages of the TeX pipeline. Best regards, Andre