* CID set missing with plain fontloader
@ 2019-02-11  9:59 Ulrike Fischer
From: Ulrike Fischer @ 2019-02-11  9:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

When I run

\font\test={name:Georgia}
\test

abcx
\bye

with the plain fontloader (similar with luaotfload), and then check
in preflight against the pdf/A-2b or pdf/A-3b I get (beside other
not relevant complaints)

CIDset in subset font is incomplete (font contains glyphs that are
not listed)

The details say additionally (translated): "CID stream contains
*all* CID sets of the embedded font: not true"

If I run with context

\starttext
\font\test={name:Georgia}
\test

abcx
\stoptext

I don't get the complain. What is context doing additionally here? I
don't think that it is a engine problem, I tried also with luatex
1.09.0 and 1.09.2.

--
Ulrike Fischer
http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/

* Re: CID set missing with plain fontloader
@ 2019-02-11 11:45 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2019-02-11 11:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2/11/2019 10:59 AM, Ulrike Fischer wrote:
> When I run
>
> \font\test={name:Georgia}
> \test
>
> abcx
> \bye
>
> with the plain fontloader (similar with luaotfload), and then check
> in preflight against the pdf/A-2b or pdf/A-3b I get (beside other
> not relevant complaints)
>
> CIDset in subset font is incomplete (font contains glyphs that are
> not listed)
>
> The details say additionally (translated): "CID stream contains
> *all* CID sets of the embedded font: not true"
>

> If I run with context
>
> \starttext
> \font\test={name:Georgia}
> \test
>
> abcx
> \stoptext
>
> I don't get the complain. What is context doing additionally here? I
> don't think that it is a engine problem, I tried also with luatex
> 1.09.0 and 1.09.2.

we don't include the cidset by default

\pdfvariable omitcidset 1

* Re: CID set missing with plain fontloader
@ 2019-02-11 12:30   ` Ulrike Fischer
From: Ulrike Fischer @ 2019-02-11 12:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Am Mon, 11 Feb 2019 12:45:42 +0100 schrieb Hans Hagen:

> \pdfvariable omitcidset 1

ouch, how obvious. I should have checked the documentation better.
Thanks.

--
Ulrike Fischer
https://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/