* right margin too high
@ 2000-04-27  6:26 Johannes Hüsing
From: Johannes Hüsing @ 2000-04-27  6:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear ConTeXtuals,

as a beginner I am not supposed to tinker with the internals but I figure
that's the best way to learn about them...

I chose s-pre-01 as the presentation module. I wanted to include a MetaPost
graphic on the bottom right outside the text area and figured that the
appropriate position is the right edge. What I included then was

\setuptexttexts
  [edge]
  [][\vbox{\TopicList\vfill\externalfigure[mprun.1][width=60pt]}]

(according to Hans' hint to use \startMPrun and \stopMPrun to be able to
scale MetaPost graphics).

The \vbox I get exceeds the text body in height and the first topic is
pushed above the visible area. I find that odd because I thought the glue
would stretch as long as to fill exactly the height.

Does anyone have an idea?

Thanks and greetings

Johannes

* Re: right margin too high
@ 2000-04-27  9:08 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2000-04-27  9:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 08:26 AM 4/27/2000 +0200, Johannes Hüsing wrote:
>Dear ConTeXtuals,
>
>as a beginner I am not supposed to tinker with the internals but I figure
>that's the best way to learn about them...
>
>I chose s-pre-01 as the presentation module. I wanted to include a MetaPost
>graphic on the bottom right outside the text area and figured that the
>appropriate position is the right edge. What I included then was
>
>\setuptexttexts
>  [edge]
>  [][\vbox{\TopicList\vfill\externalfigure[mprun.1][width=60pt]}]
>
>(according to Hans' hint to use \startMPrun and \stopMPrun to be able to
>scale MetaPost graphics).
>
>The \vbox I get exceeds the text body in height and the first topic is
>pushed above the visible area. I find that odd because I thought the glue
>would stretch as long as to fill exactly the height.
>
>Does anyone have an idea?

A better way is to use backgrounds, like (untested):

\setuplayout
  [rightedge=2cm,footer=1cm]

\setupbackgrounds
  [footer][rightedge]
  [background=test]

\defineoverlay
  [test]
  [{\externalfigure[mprun.1][height=\overlayheight]}]

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE