* fillout forms
@ 2000-07-18  9:03 Johannes Hüsing
From: Johannes Hüsing @ 2000-07-18  9:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear ConTeXters,

I have found the whitepaper "Examens a la carte" on the Pragma homepage,
yet no source code for examina.

I am toying with the idea of creating case record forms (used in clinical
trials) using ConTeXt. Important features are:

- Tick boxes and their description should go in one \hbox, groups of
  tick boxes should be aligned with their box.
- There should also be the choice of wrapping \hboxes of tick boxes
  in parboxes.
- Next to the boxes should be small numbers depicting how answers are
  coded internally.
- Pagebreaking should be left to the user. Most forms should not exceed a
  single sheet anyway.
- A codebook storing all variables with their meanings and possible
  values should be created automagically.

I tried writing a package for LaTeX but I think ConTeXt is easier to teach,
and the syntactic sugar of key-value pairs is exactly what I would need.

Can you think of a module which comes as close as possible to what I
have in mind?

Thanks

Johannes

only message in thread, other threads:[~2000-07-18  9:03 UTC | newest]