* [Announce] Mailing list archive.
@ 2000-09-13  0:52 Slawek Zak
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Slawek Zak @ 2000-09-13  0:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

>From the archive prepared by Jules van Weerden (thanks Frans) I have
created searchable and browsable archive of this mailing list. It has
been updated with new messages. The search engine is failing miserably
in some queries, it will take me some time to find why...

The URL is:

  http://ml-archives.mini.pw.edu.pl/ntg-context.html

All comments and suggestions are welcome, as usual. Consider it beta
:)

/S

PS: Unfortunately the format of messages in Jules' archive doesn't
contain all headers, so most messages in MIME don't have hyperlinked
attachments. If you know email address of Jules, let me know. I hope
he's got the messages in raw format.
187. You promise yourself that you'll only stay online for another
     15 minutes...at least once every hour.
* Suavek Zak / PGP: finger://zaks@prioris.mini.pw.edu.pl

* Re: [Announce] Mailing list archive.
@ 2000-09-13  7:22 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2000-09-13  7:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 02:52 AM 9/13/00 +0200, Slawek Zak wrote:

>The URL is:
>
>  http://ml-archives.mini.pw.edu.pl/ntg-context.html
>
>All comments and suggestions are welcome, as usual. Consider it beta
>:)

Ok. When you think it's ready I will add a pointer to the list at the
context www pages.

Hans

                                                  Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
@ 2000-09-13 12:38 ` Ed L Cashin
From: Ed L Cashin @ 2000-09-13 12:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

Slawek Zak <zaks@prioris.mini.pw.edu.pl> writes:

> >From the archive prepared by Jules van Weerden (thanks Frans) I have
> created searchable and browsable archive of this mailing list. It has
> been updated with new messages. The search engine is failing miserably
> in some queries, it will take me some time to find why...
>
> The URL is:
>
>   http://ml-archives.mini.pw.edu.pl/ntg-context.html
>
> All comments and suggestions are welcome, as usual. Consider it beta
> :)

Looks very nice at first glance!

> PS: Unfortunately the format of messages in Jules' archive doesn't
> contain all headers, so most messages in MIME don't have hyperlinked
> attachments. If you know email address of Jules, let me know. I hope
> he's got the messages in raw format.

I have messages in normal UNIX mailbox format by month since December
1999 if you need them.

--
--Ed Cashin                     PGP public key:
  ecashin@coe.uga.edu           http://www.coe.uga.edu/~ecashin/pgp/

@ 2000-09-14  0:47 ` Slawek Zak
From: Slawek Zak @ 2000-09-14  0:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ok. The searching problem is gone (I don't think you want to know what
happened - really:)). I have augmented the 87 or so messages in MIME
format from Jules' archive with proper Content-Type headers, so the
attachments are now hyperlinked. It's just a 27 lines long Python
script, so it could miss something.

The search index is updated every two hours, and the archive is
updated in real time.

Some people requested additional indices and monthly message batches.
I will try to add them to the archive in spare time.

If you find any problems (especially missing messages and messed up
attachments) let me know of course.

Hans, I think you can add the link to:

	http://ml-archives.mini.pw.edu.pl/ntg-context.html

to the ConTeXt page yet.