* Re: [metafont] context/metafun problem
@ 2000-09-29 12:11 Denis B. Roegel
From: Denis B. Roegel @ 2000-09-29 12:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Denis B. Roegel

I got the example to work, by calling cont-en and mpost
explicitely. Somehow, my texexec has trouble processing it.

Continuing my experiments, I wanted to try positional graphics.
Here is my input file, adapted from the metafun documentation:

\starttext

\startMPpositiongraphic{mypos:line}
  path pa, pb, pab ; numeric na, nb;
  initialize_box(\MPpos{\MPvar{from}});
  na := nxy ; pa := llxy..lrxy..urxy..ulxy..cycle ;
  initialize_box(\MPpos{\MPvar{to}});
  nb := nxy ; pb := llxy..lrxy..urxy..ulxy..cycle ;
  if na=nb :
    pab := center pa -- center pb ;
    pab := pab cutbefore (pab intersectionpoint pa) ;
    pab := pab cutafter (pab intersectionpoint pb) ;
    pickup pencircle scaled 1pt;
    draw pab withcolor .625yellow;
    anchor_box(\MPanchor{\MPvar{from}});
  fi;
\stopMPpositiongraphic

\setMPpositiongraphic{X-1}{mypos:line}{to=X-2}
\setMPpositiongraphic{X-2}{mypos:line}{to=X-3}

In a previous section we saw that some \hpos {X-1} {words} were
\hpos {X-2} {circled} and connected by an \hpos {X-3} {arrow}.
As with most things in \CONTEXT, marking these words is separated
from declaring what to do with those words.

\stoptext

The file compiles with cont-en, and the mpgraph file compiles
with mpost, but I get a lot of "special" errors when I try
to produce the PostScript file. Does this example work with
a PostScript output?

Thanks,

Denis

* Re: [metafont] context/metafun problem
@ 2000-09-29 13:11 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2000-09-29 13:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context, Denis B. Roegel

At 02:11 PM 9/29/00 +0200, Denis B. Roegel wrote:

>The file compiles with cont-en, and the mpgraph file compiles
>with mpost, but I get a lot of "special" errors when I try
>to produce the PostScript file. Does this example work with
>a PostScript output?

It does here, but that is because I have the dvi postprocessing script -)

If you really are in despair and cannot use pdftex, i can see if i can
collect the perl files needed, but I prefer to wait till the binary is
svailable (berend will look into it, since there is a dvi library/presented
at tug2000). The specials you see contain positional info that is to be
filtered from the dvi and fed back into tex. Works pretty good btw, but
slower than pdftex.

Hans
                                                  Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

* Re: [metafont] context/metafun problem
@ 2000-09-29 13:25   ` Denis B. Roegel
From: Denis B. Roegel @ 2000-09-29 13:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Denis B. Roegel, ntg-context, Denis B. Roegel

`Hans Hagen' wrote

>   At 02:11 PM 9/29/00 +0200, Denis B. Roegel wrote:
>
>   >The file compiles with cont-en, and the mpgraph file compiles
>   >with mpost, but I get a lot of "special" errors when I try
>   >to produce the PostScript file. Does this example work with
>   >a PostScript output?
>
>   It does here, but that is because I have the dvi postprocessing script -)
>
>   If you really are in despair and cannot use pdftex

I can use it, but I was just wondering. So, I added \pdfoutput=1
at the start of the file, and here is what I get:

bar perltk 785 % cont-en test2.tex
This is pdfeTeX, Version 3.14159-13c-2.1 (Web2C 7.3)
(/usr/local/tex/texmf/pdftex/config/pdftex.cfg) (test2.tex

ConTeXt  ver: 2000.9.21  fmt: 2000.9.28  int: english  mes: english

language       : language en is active
system         : cont-new loaded
(/users/model/roegel/texmf/tex/context/base/cont-new.tex
systems        : beware: some patches loaded from cont-new.tex!
)
system         : cont-old loaded
(/users/model/roegel/texmf/tex/context/base/cont-old.tex
)
system         : cont-fil loaded
(/users/model/roegel/texmf/tex/context/base/cont-fil.tex
)
bodyfont       : 12pt rm is loaded
language       : patterns 2-en-2 2-de-2 2-fr-2 2-nl-2 loaded
specials       : tex,postscript,rokicki loaded
systems        : begin file test2 at line 2
Randomizer initialized to 1080562258.
figures        : dimensions of ./mpgraph.1 loaded from figurefile itself
[MP fonts ./mpgraph.1] [MP color conversion ./mpgraph.1 not needed]
figures        : dimensions of ./mpgraph.2 loaded from figurefile itself
[MP fonts ./mpgraph.2] [MP color conversion ./mpgraph.2 not needed] [1.1
Non-PDF special ignored!</usr/local/tex/texmf/pdftex/config/psfonts.map></usr/l
ocal/tex/texmf/pdftex/config/lw35.map></usr/local/tex/texmf/pdftex/config/rawfo
nts.map></usr/local/tex/texmf/dvips/cspsfonts/csfontd.mapfile>
Non-PDF special ignored!
Non-PDF special ignored!
Non-PDF special ignored!
Non-PDF special ignored!
Non-PDF special ignored!
Non-PDF special ignored!
Non-PDF special ignored!]
systems        : end file test2 at line 28
[flush and process mpgraph.mp afterwards] )<cmr12.pfb>
Output written on test2.pdf (1 page, 9957 bytes).
Transcript written on test2.log.

I keep getting these "Non-PDF special ignored!" messages, even after
mposting the mpgraph file and calling again cont-en.

Denis

* Re: [metafont] context/metafun problem
@ 2000-09-29 13:29     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2000-09-29 13:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Denis B. Roegel, ntg-context, Denis B. Roegel

At 03:25 PM 9/29/00 +0200, Denis B. Roegel wrote:
>`Hans Hagen' wrote
>>
>>   At 02:11 PM 9/29/00 +0200, Denis B. Roegel wrote:
>>
>>   >The file compiles with cont-en, and the mpgraph file compiles
>>   >with mpost, but I get a lot of "special" errors when I try
>>   >to produce the PostScript file. Does this example work with
>>   >a PostScript output?
>>
>>   It does here, but that is because I have the dvi postprocessing script
-)

>>   If you really are in despair and cannot use pdftex
>
>I can use it, but I was just wondering. So, I added \pdfoutput=1
>at the start of the file, and here is what I get:

Never switch the output that way, either say:

texexec --pdf

or add

% output=pdftex

or add

\setupoutput[pdftex]

since context (like any tex package) needs to set up its drivers (special
drivers) to match the postprocessor, here being pdftex. IN general: never
use any low level \pdf... !

Hans
                                                  Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

* Re: [metafont] context/metafun problem
@ 2000-09-29 13:50       ` Denis B. Roegel
From: Denis B. Roegel @ 2000-09-29 13:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Denis B. Roegel, ntg-context, Denis B. Roegel

`Hans Hagen' wrote

>   \setupoutput[pdftex]
>
>   since context (like any tex package) needs to set up its drivers (special
>   drivers) to match the postprocessor, here being pdftex. IN general: never
>   use any low level \pdf... !

Ok. Now, I run into a problem I already had (of course!) with texexec:

bar perltk 797 % cont-en test2.tex
This is pdfeTeX, Version 3.14159-13c-2.1 (Web2C 7.3)
(/usr/local/tex/texmf/pdftex/config/pdftex.cfg) (test2.tex

ConTeXt  ver: 2000.9.21  fmt: 2000.9.28  int: english  mes: english

language       : language en is active
system         : cont-new loaded
(/users/model/roegel/texmf/tex/context/base/cont-new.tex
systems        : beware: some patches loaded from cont-new.tex!
)
system         : cont-old loaded
(/users/model/roegel/texmf/tex/context/base/cont-old.tex
)
system         : cont-fil loaded
(/users/model/roegel/texmf/tex/context/base/cont-fil.tex
)
bodyfont       : 12pt rm is loaded
language       : patterns 2-en-2 2-de-2 2-fr-2 2-nl-2 loaded
specials       : tex,postscript,rokicki loaded
specials       : tex,postscript,rokicki is reset
specials       : loading definition file tpd
(/users/model/roegel/texmf/tex/context/base/spec-tpd.tex
systems        : please update your pdfTeX binaries
specials       : loading definition file fdf
(/users/model/roegel/texmf/tex/context/base/spec-fdf.tex <unprotect 2>
specials       : fdf loaded
<unprotect 2> <protect 2>)
specials       : fdf,tpd loaded
systems        : begin file test2 at line 2
! Undefined control sequence.
<argument> ...io }{\noexpand \number \pdflastxpos
                                                  }{\noexpand \number \pdfla...

\writeutilitycommand ...writeutility {c \string #1
                                                  }
\doTPDsetposition ...and \number \pdflastypos }#3}
                                                  }\pdfsavepos \doTPDsetposi...

\doonespecial ...\nextbox }{\number \dp \nextbox }
                                                  \relax
\next1 #1,->\doonespecial {#1}
                              \doprocesscommaitem
\doprocesscommalist ...item \gobbleoneargument #1,
                                                  ]\relax \global \advance \...
l.23 ...ction we saw that some \hpos {X-1} {words}
                                                   were
?

Thanks again,

Denis