* Unable to make mpx file
@ 2000-10-21 20:41 Johannes Hüsing
From: Johannes Hüsing @ 2000-10-21 20:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Greetings,

I get the error message with Metapost: "Unable to make mpx file".
It is generated when Metapost sees a btex macro.

What am I doing wrong? In /usr/share/texmf/context/config/texexec.ini,
the line "set  MpToTeXExecutable  to  mpto" is uncommented, and mpto
exists on my machine as an executable binary.

I saw no mentioning of that error message in the Metapost manual.

Any quick answers would be welcome (I have the talk on Monday and I
would really hate to have to re-write everything to FoilTeX tomorrow)

Greetings

Johannes

* Re: Unable to make mpx file
@ 2000-10-22 18:47 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2000-10-22 18:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 10:41 PM 10/21/00 +0200, Johannes Hüsing wrote:
>Greetings,
>
>I get the error message with Metapost: "Unable to make mpx file".
>It is generated when Metapost sees a btex macro.

Hm.

-  set mpxcommand in texmf.cnf to nothing
-  use the latest texexec

>What am I doing wrong? In /usr/share/texmf/context/config/texexec.ini,
>the line "set  MpToTeXExecutable  to  mpto" is uncommented, and mpto
>exists on my machine as an executable binary.
>
>I saw no mentioning of that error message in the Metapost manual.

you may try to run the graphic with

  texexec --mptex mpgraph.mp

>Any quick answers would be welcome (I have the talk on Monday and I
>would really hate to have to re-write everything to FoilTeX tomorrow)

do you really need the btex .. etex ?

Hans

                                                  Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

* Re: Unable to make mpx file
@ 2000-10-22 21:34   ` Johannes Hüsing
From: Johannes Hüsing @ 2000-10-22 21:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

On Sun 2000-10-22 (20:47), Hans Hagen wrote:
> At 10:41 PM 10/21/00 +0200, Johannes Hüsing wrote:
> >Greetings,
> >
> >I get the error message with Metapost: "Unable to make mpx file".
> >It is generated when Metapost sees a btex macro.
>
> Hm.

I solved it -- I used a per cent sign in the gnuplot source,
escaped with a single backslash where two would have been appropriate.

Sorry for the noise.

Greetings

Johannes