* Installation of Context
@ 2000-10-31 14:59 michou
From: michou @ 2000-10-31 14:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,
I'm new to Context but I'm using succesfully  LaTeX with the MikTeX
distribution on WinNT.
I have just installed  Context and made the format files (en, uk,nl,de) as
described in the installation manual (minstall.pdf). I copied the fmt files
in the directories where MikTeX searches.
However, when I try to compile a simple test file,  cont-en is not found. I
think I'm not alone in this case from what I can see from other messages.
Also I would like to make a french format file if possible. So I modified
the file cont-user.tex and uncommented the corresponding lines, but no
format file was created for french.
I  join below the output of the compilation of the file "text.tex".

Thanks for any  clue.

Yanick Michou
> texexec --verbose test.tex

TeXExec 2.0 - ConTeXt / PRAGMA ADE 1997-2000

     locating ini file : kpsewhich not found in path
     locating ini file : found by searching
               reading : d:\LOCALT~2\context\perltk\texexec.ini
               setting : 'TeXShell' to 'miktex' for 'all'
               setting : 'UsedInterfaces' to 'en,nl,de,uk' for 'all'
               setting : 'UserInterface' to 'en' for 'all'
               setting : 'TeXExecutable' to 'tex' for 'all'
               setting : 'MpExecutable' to 'mpost' for 'all'
               setting : 'MpToTeXExecutable' to 'mpto' for 'all'
               setting : 'DviToMpExecutable' to 'dvitomp' for 'all'
               setting : 'DviSpecialScript' to 'dvispec' for 'all'
               setting : 'MpFormat' to 'metafun' for 'all'
               setting : 'TeXFormatFlag' to '&' for 'all'
               setting : 'MpFormatFlag' to '&' for 'all'
               setting : 'TeXFontsPath' to
'l:/tex/texmf;l:/tex/texmf-local;' for 'all'
               setting : 'UsedInterfaces' to 'en,nl,de,uk' for 'miktex'
               setting : 'UserInterface' to 'en' for 'miktex'
               setting : 'TeXExecutable' to 'pdftex' for 'miktex'
               setting : 'TeXVirginFlag' to '--initialize' for 'miktex'
               setting : 'TeXBatchString' to '' for 'miktex'
               setting : 'MpVirginFlag' to '-ini' for 'miktex'
               setting : 'MpPassString' to '' for 'miktex'
               setting : 'MpBatchString' to '' for 'miktex'

          used setting : TeXShell = miktex
          used setting : SetupPath =
          used setting : UserInterface = en
          used setting : UsedInterfaces = en,nl,de,uk
          used setting : TeXFontsPath = l:/tex/texmf;l:/tex/texmf-local;
          used setting : MpExecutable = mpost
          used setting : MpToTeXExecutable = mpto
          used setting : DviToMpExecutable = dvitomp
          used setting : TeXProgramPath =
          used setting : TeXFormatPath =
          used setting : ConTeXtPath =
          used setting : TeXScriptsPath =
          used setting : TeXExecutable = pdftex
          used setting : TeXVirginFlag = --initialize
          used setting : TeXPassString =
          used setting : TeXFormatFlag = &
          used setting : FmtLanguage =
          used setting : FmtBodyFont =
          used setting : TcXPath =

            executable : pdftex
                format : cont-en
             inputfile : test
                output : standard
             interface : en
               options : verbose
          current mode : all
               TeX run : 1

pdftex    &cont-en test

cont-en: not found
cont-en: not found

              run time : 0 seconds
This is pdfTeX, Version 3.14159-14e-released-20000217 (MiKTeX 1.20e
(Snapshot build 187))
**
! End of file on the terminal... why?

* Re: Installation of Context
@ 2000-10-31 15:16 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2000-10-31 15:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 03:59 PM 10/31/00 +0100, michou@cnrs-orleans.fr wrote:

>However, when I try to compile a simple test file,  cont-en is not found. I
>think I'm not alone in this case from what I can see from other messages.

this has to do with the fact that miktex does not use the web2c path
searching tools, so you have to set things up explicitly

>Also I would like to make a french format file if possible. So I modified
>the file cont-user.tex and uncommented the corresponding lines, but no
>format file was created for french.

You can see at the end of teh log or at the beginning of a run which
languages are loaded.

  texexec --make --language=fr,en en

will make you an english interface with french patterns

  \mainlanguage[fr]

will give you french.

  texexec --make --language=fr en

will default to french.

>          used setting : TeXFormatPath =

you need to set this path in texexec.ini

hans
                                                  Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

* Re: installation of ConTeXt
@ 2008-09-12  5:44   ` Goebel, Juergen
From: Goebel, Juergen @ 2008-09-12  5:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mojca Miklavec wrote:

> There are two alternatives for installing ruby. Take this one:
>     http://rubyinstaller.rubyforge.org/wiki/wiki.pl?RubyInstaller

Thanks, I'll give it a try (installation is already running).

Juergen

From: Goebel, Juergen @ 2008-09-12  5:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans Hagen wrote:

> no, try to avoid cygwin

\absoluterelief

Thanks,

Juergen

* Re: installation of ConTeXt
@ 2008-09-11 15:47 ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2008-09-11 15:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 4:08 PM, Goebel, Juergen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Do I really have to install ruby?  I downloaded it, but can't find
> anything like install, setup or something like this.

There are two alternatives for installing ruby. Take this one:
    http://rubyinstaller.rubyforge.org/wiki/wiki.pl?RubyInstaller

> Even the
> readme is not very helpful at all.  And another question: for
> using Ruby - and therefore ConTeXt - do I need cygwin?

No. It does more harm than good.

Mojca

* Re: installation of ConTeXt
@ 2008-09-11 14:26 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2008-09-11 14:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Goebel, Juergen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Do I really have to install ruby?  I downloaded it, but can't find
> anything like install, setup or something like this.  Even the
> readme is not very helpful at all.  And another question: for
> using Ruby - and therefore ConTeXt - do I need cygwin?

no, try to avoid cygwin

just download ruby (mswin version), unzip/install it in say c:\ruby and
then add c:\ruby\bin to your windows path

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* installation of ConTeXt
@ 2008-09-11 14:08 Goebel, Juergen