From: michou@cnrs-orleans.fr
Subject: Re: Installation of Context (on MikTeX)
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 18:46:32 +0100	[thread overview]

By including the format file parameter in the command line, in this way (2
backslashes needed), the format file seems to be found :

>texexec --verbose --format=d:\\localtexmf\\miktex\\fmt\\cont-en.fmt test.tex

It doesn't work when the format file is specified in the texexec.ini file
because it seems  that  the extension ".fmt" is needed and that does not
appear in this case.

The test file is just this one :
\starttext
 \framed {Let's see if it works}
\stoptext

>From the output (at the end), it seems that some files are not found again.
But I can't figure out which ones ?
I should specify also that no  output  file (test.pdf) is created here.

I probably need to specify more paths but it is not clear which ones either.

Thanks again for any information.

Yanick Michou

The result resulting output is as follows :

-----
 TeXExec 2.0 - ConTeXt / PRAGMA ADE 1997-2000

     locating ini file : kpsewhich not found in path
     locating ini file : found by searching
               reading : d:\LOCALT~2\context\perltk\texexec.ini
               setting : 'TeXShell' to 'miktex' for 'all'
               setting : 'UsedInterfaces' to 'en,nl,de,uk' for 'all'
               setting : 'UserInterface' to 'en' for 'all'
               setting : 'TeXExecutable' to 'tex' for 'all'
               setting : 'MpExecutable' to 'mpost' for 'all'
               setting : 'MpToTeXExecutable' to 'mpto' for 'all'
               setting : 'DviToMpExecutable' to 'dvitomp' for 'all'
               setting : 'DviSpecialScript' to 'dvispec' for 'all'
               setting : 'MpFormat' to 'metafun' for 'all'
               setting : 'TeXFormatFlag' to '&' for 'all'
               setting : 'MpFormatFlag' to '&' for 'all'
               setting : 'TeXFontsPath' to
'd:\\texmf\\fonts\\";"d:\\localtexmf\\fonts' for 'all'
               setting : 'UsedInterfaces' to 'en,nl,de,uk' for 'miktex'
               setting : 'UserInterface' to 'en' for 'miktex'
               setting : 'TeXExecutable' to 'pdftex' for 'miktex'
               setting : 'TeXVirginFlag' to '--initialize' for 'miktex'
               setting : 'TeXBatchString' to '' for 'miktex'
               setting : 'MpVirginFlag' to '-ini' for 'miktex'
               setting : 'MpPassString' to '' for 'miktex'
               setting : 'MpBatchString' to '' for 'miktex'

          used setting : TeXShell = miktex
          used setting : SetupPath =
          used setting : UserInterface = en
          used setting : UsedInterfaces = en,nl,de,uk
          used setting : TeXFontsPath =
d:\\texmf\\fonts\\";"d:\\localtexmf\\fonts
          used setting : MpExecutable = mpost
          used setting : MpToTeXExecutable = mpto
          used setting : DviToMpExecutable = dvitomp
          used setting : TeXProgramPath =
          used setting : TeXFormatPath =
          used setting : ConTeXtPath =
          used setting : TeXScriptsPath =
          used setting : TeXExecutable = pdftex
          used setting : TeXVirginFlag = --initialize
          used setting : TeXPassString =
          used setting : TeXFormatFlag = &
          used setting : FmtLanguage =
          used setting : FmtBodyFont =
          used setting : TcXPath =

            executable : pdftex
                format : d:\\localtexmf\\miktex\\\fmt\\\cont-en.fmt
             inputfile : test

pdftex    &d:\\localtexmf\\miktex\\\fmt\\\cont-en.fmt test

This is pdfTeX, Version 3.14159-14e-released-20000217 (MiKTeX 1.20e
(Snapshot bu
ild 187))
**
! End of file on the terminal... why?òÊ???ù­9t_?ʳ?+b?????: not found
òÊ???ù­9t_?ʳ?+b?????: not found
9t_?ʳ?+b?????: not found
9t_?ʳ?+b?????: not found
ʳ?: not found