From: James Ramsey <jjramsey_6x9eq42@yahoo.com>
Subject: Prefixing figures with "T-", "P-", "A-"
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 23:14:13 -0800 (PST)	[thread overview]

Mostly, I just use LaTeX for reports, esp. lab
reports. I'm a student. I was hoping to use ConTeXt to
do the next couple reports. (If I don't get a chance
to, it's no biggie--but I would like to use a macro
package that seems to be put together with
customization in mind,) Anyway, currently, the way
figure numbering is done in the lab reports is that in
the "Results" section, the tables and graphs are
labeled Table 1, 2, Figure 1, 2, etc., but in the
Theory section, any figures are labeled Figure T-1,
Figure T-2, etc., and in the Procedure and Appendix,
the prefixes for the figures and tables are "P-" and
"A-", respectively. I wouldn't call this the prettiest
prefixing scheme. Mostly this is there so that the
tables and figures in the Results section can start at
1. I've done this basically by redefining \thefigure
as T-\arabic{figure}, P-\arabic{figure}, etc., which
means that in cross-references, the prefixes will
appear as part of the table and figure numbers, which
is what I want.

Is there a way that I can do this in ConTeXt? I saw
something about numbercommand, but I wasn't sure if
that's what I was looking for or not.

A couple other questions while I'm at it:

1) Is there a way to prefix the page number so that
the prefix appears in a cross-reference, i.e. so that
a reference to page A-3 in the appendix will appear as
"A-1" automatically.

2) Is there a way to do multiline headers and footers
in ConTeXt?

=====

----I am a fool for Christ. Mostly I am a fool.----

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/