* Fonts not found
@ 2001-01-28  9:11 Johannes H?sing
From: Johannes H?sing @ 2001-01-28  9:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

I recently decided rto change from the SuSE Linux to the Debian
GNU/Linux distribution. I was dissatisfied with the version of ConTeXt
on the latter and installed a new ConTeXt on the TEXLOCAL tree.

Since then, I get disturbing messages running ConTeXt like
"Warning: cont-en (file cmr8): Font cmr8 at 720 not found"
and even more disturbing output (ugly pixelish fonts), even though the
font files seem to be there: "locate cmr8.pfb" gets me
/usr/share/texmf/fonts/type1/bluesky/cm/cmr8.pfb.

Looking at the log I see that all paths mentioned use the TEXLOCAL
tree. The only exception is /usr/share/texmf/pdftex/config/pdftex.cfg.
Oh yes, and cmr8.pfb is mapped to cmr8 in pdftex.map.

Could anyone guess what I might have been doing wrong here?

Thanks very much

Johannes
--
Johannes Hüsing <hannes@ruhrau.de>   /"\  ASCII-Ribbon Campaign
                                     \ /  against HTML in

* fonts not found
@ 2010-06-27 16:49 Ciro
From: Ciro @ 2010-06-27 16:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Ok ,  I changed the subject:

I just installed ConTeXt minimals, but my fonts are not found now:

 "define fonts    > font with name Barnard-Oblique is not found"

 font files are there, but some how context can't see them.

 I ran "context --generate" and got lines like this:

 MTXrun | resolvers: not saving runtime tree
 'tree:////home/ciro/context/tex/texmf-fonts'
 MTXrun | resolvers: not saving runtime tree
 'tree:////home/ciro/context/tex/texmf-local'
 MTXrun | resolvers: not saving runtime tree
 'tree:////home/ciro/context/tex/texmf-linux'
 MTXrun | resolvers: not saving runtime tree
 'tree:////home/ciro/context/tex/texmf-context

 and also ran "mtxrun --script fonts --reload" and got lines like this:

 MTXrun | fontnames: scanning /home/ciro/context/tex/texmf for AFM files
 MTXrun | fontnames: 3323 entries found, 0 AFM files checked, 0 okay

 MTXrun | fontnames: globbing path /home/ciro/.fonts/**.ttf
 MTXrun | fontnames: identifying system font files with suffix TTF
 MTXrun | fontnames: globbing path /home/ciro/.fonts/**.TTF
 MTXrun | fontnames: 639 system files identified, 39 skipped, 39
 duplicates, 600 hash entries added

My fonts are in $HOME/.fonts  (lunix/ubuntu)

I don't use typescripts. I use

\definefontsynonym [baob] [file:Barnard-Oblique] [features=default]

 what should I do?

 thank you
 Ciro

* The requested font has no files for the 'tf' alternative
@ 2017-03-09  9:33 Marco Patzer
From: Marco Patzer @ 2017-03-09  9:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi!

I run into a problem using some fonts. Latin Modern is used instead
and ConTeXt displays:

  selectfont > The requested font 'Caecilia LT Std Roman' has no files for the 'tf' alternative, Latin Modern is used instead.

Example:

\definefontfamily
  [mainface]
  [rm]
  [Caecilia LT Std Roman]
  %% doesn't work, either
  %% [tf=file:CaeciliaLTStd-Roman.otf]

\setupbodyfont [mainface]

\starttext
  %% \definedfont [name:CaeciliaLTStd-Roman] %% this works
  \input knuth
\stoptext

The font is in the database:

  mtxrun -script fonts -list -all caecilia

This happens with other fonts too, not only Caecilia. Some fonts
work, others don't. Couldn't find anything on the list, so I might
be doing something wrong here. What's the issue here?

context: 2017.03.02 22:23

Marco