In preparing a presentation with contex,t I decided to generate the illustrations a-la metafun. My first graphic is a traditional flow chart consisting of text in circles connected by arrowhead tipped lines. I'd use context's own chart macros, but I don't think they're applicable here since I want only straight lines connecting the centers of circle pairs. Instead, I created a grid of circles using a combination of framed texts, each with a circular background overlay. Looks good! Has anyone a suggestion how best to draw lines between circle pairs? I have cannibalized Hans's `anchors and layers' example that focuses on words, but I get the feeling I'm barking up the wrong tree. I've attached a small example file, and would welcome any suggestions how to proceed. Cheers, Michael -- Michael A. Guravage Email: guravage.nlr.nl National Aerospace Laboratory Phone: +31 (0)20 511 3695 Anthony Fokkerweg 2, 1059 CM Fax: +31 (0)20 511 3210 P.O. Box 90502, 1006 BM, Amsterdam, The Netherlands