* (unknown)
@ 2001-08-16 13:40 Arun Mangalam
From: Arun Mangalam @ 2001-08-16 13:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello all,

I am trying to create a simple flowchart:

\usemodule[chart]
\startFLOWchart[cells]
     \startFLOWcell
         \name       {first}
         \location        {1,1}
         \shape      {singledocument}
         \text       {not really a document}
     \stopFLOWcell
\stopFLOWchart
\FLOWchart[cells]

When I process the tex file w/ "texexec --verbose --pdf test.tex", I
have to press return once and enter '\end' manually. Is this correct? Is
there something I need to fix? Thank you for any help.

BTW, this ConTeXt is installed on a MacOSX system by a package used by
the latest TeXShop.

The following is the output with my two comments where I have to press
enter or '\end':

  TeXExec 2.5 - ConTeXt / PRAGMA ADE 1997-2001

      locating ini file : found by kpsewhich
                reading :
/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf/context/config/texexec.ini
                setting : 'TeXShell' to 'tetex' for 'all'
                setting : 'UsedInterfaces' to 'en' for 'all'
                setting : 'UserInterface' to 'en' for 'all'
                setting : 'TeXExecutable' to 'tex' for 'all'
                setting : 'MpExecutable' to 'mpost' for 'all'
                setting : 'MpToTeXExecutable' to 'mpto' for 'all'
                setting : 'DviToMpExecutable' to 'dvitomp' for 'all'
                setting : 'UsedInterfaces' to 'en' for 'tetex'
                setting : 'UserInterface' to 'en' for 'tetex'
                setting : 'TeXExecutable' to 'pdfetex' for 'tetex'

           used setting : TeXShell = tetex
           used setting : SetupPath =
           used setting : UserInterface = en
           used setting : UsedInterfaces = en
           used setting : TeXFontsPath = .
           used setting : MpExecutable = mpost
           used setting : MpToTeXExecutable = mpto
           used setting : DviToMpExecutable = dvitomp
           used setting : TeXProgramPath =
           used setting : TeXFormatPath =
           used setting : ConTeXtPath =
           used setting : TeXScriptsPath =
           used setting : TeXExecutable = pdfetex
           used setting : TeXVirginFlag = -ini
           used setting : TeXBatchFlag = -int=batchmode
           used setting : MpBatchFlag = -int=batchmode
           used setting : TeXPassString =
           used setting : TeXFormatFlag =
           used setting : MpFormatFlag =
           used setting : MpVirginFlag = -ini
           used setting : MpPassString =
           used setting : MpFormat = metafun
           used setting : FmtLanguage =
           used setting : FmtBodyFont =
           used setting : FmtResponse =
           used setting : TcXPath =

       locating fmtutil : found
             executable : pdfetex
                 format : cont-en
              inputfile : test
                 output : pdftex
              interface : en
                options : verbose
           current mode : all
                TeX run : 1

pdfetex -progname=context   \&cont-en test.tex

This is pdfeTeX, Version 3.14159-14h-released-20010417-2.1 (Web2C
7.3.3.1)
entering extended mode
(./test.tex{/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/pdftex/config/pdftex.cfg}

ConTeXt  ver: 2001.2.27  fmt: 2001.8.13  int: english  mes: english

language       : language en is active
system         : cont-new loaded
(/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf/tex/context/base/cont-new.tex
systems        : beware: some patches loaded from cont-new.tex!
)
system         : cont-old loaded
(/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf/tex/context/base/cont-old.tex
)
system         : cont-fil loaded
(/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf/tex/context/base/cont-fil.tex
)
system         : cont-sys loaded
(/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf/tex/context/base/cont-sys.tex)
bodyfont       : 12pt rm is loaded
language       : patterns 2-en-2 2-uk-2 2-de-2 2-fr-2 2-nl-2 loaded
specials       : tex,postscript,rokicki loaded
system         : test.top loaded
(./test.top
specials       : tex,postscript,rokicki is reset
specials       : loading definition file tpd
(/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf/tex/context/base/spec-tpd.tex <unprotect 2>
specials       : loading definition file fdf
(/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf/tex/context/base/spec-fdf.tex <unprotect 3>
specials       : fdf loaded
specials       : fdf,tpd loaded
) (./test.tuo) (./test.tuo) (./test.tuo) (./test.tuo) (./test.tuo)
(./test.tuo)
(./test.tuo) (./test.tuo) (./test.tuo) (./test.tuo)
system         : macros of module chart loaded
(/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf/tex/context/base/m-chart.tex) <test-
flw-1.tmp>)
*
%%%% I HAVE TO PRESS RETURN HERE
(./test-flw-1.tmp) (./test-flw-1.tmp) (./test-flw-1.tmp)
Randomizer initialized to 675713551.This is MetaPost, Version 0.641
(Web2C 7.3.1)
(test-mpgraph.mp (/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf/metapost/context/mp-
char.mp)
[1] )
1 output file written: test-mpgraph.1
Transcript written on test-mpgraph.log.
  [MP to PDF test-mpgraph.1]
(./test-mpgraph.1) (./test-mpgraph.mpd) (./test-flw-1.tmp) (./test-
flw-1.tmp)
(Please type a command or say `\end')
*
%%%% I HAVE TO ENTER \end HERE
(./test.tuo)
layout         : calculating backgrounds
[1.1{/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf/dvips/config/pdftex.map}{/usr/local/teTeX/
sha
re/texmf.os/dvips/config/Ttbbold.map}]
systems        : end file test at line 0
</usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf/fonts/type1/bluesky/cm/cmr12.pfb>
Output written on test.pdf (1 page, 5451 bytes).
Transcript written on test.log.

               run time : 11 seconds
   sorting and checking : running texutil

  TeXUtil 7.3 - ConTeXt / PRAGMA ADE 1992-2000

                 action : processing commands, lists and registers
                 option : sorting IJ under Y
                 option : converting high ASCII values
             input file : test.tui
            output file : test.tuo
        passed commands : 5
          remapped keys : 0
       register entries : 0 -> 0 entries 0 references
        synonym entries : 1 -> 1 entries
         embedded files : 1
           b/e error in : test

* (unknown)
@ 2002-07-23 19:12 Jochen Dietrich
From: Jochen Dietrich @ 2002-07-23 19:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi

how can i get the figures/tables numbered "by section", but without
the prefixed section number? ("Fig. 1" not "Fig. 12.1")

Jochen Dietrich

* (unknown)
@ 2002-06-23 16:30 Idris S Hamid
From: Idris S Hamid @ 2002-06-23 16:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear gang,

Is there a Context way of stamping a greyed <Draft> on each page of a
document, like the TUG preprints?

Best wishes
Idris

--
Dr. Idris S Hamid
Department of Philosophy

* (unknown)
@ 2002-06-20 20:04 Idris S Hamid
From: Idris S Hamid @ 2002-06-20 20:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear gang,

What is the best way in ConTeXt to define a word so that is does not
hyphenate. E.g.,

\def\SAN{\hbox{{A\d{s}-\d{S}an\={a}`ah}}}

\SAN{} this is a test

\bye

does not work; it creates an unwanted line break (anyone know why?)

Best wishes
Idris

--
Dr. Idris S Hamid
Department of Philosophy

* (unknown)
@ 2001-03-20 14:46 Michel Bovani
From: Michel Bovani @ 2001-03-20 14:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

I am new to this list, and to context also. So I apologize if my
questions were already asked... (is there a FAQ or an archive list,
btw?)

First as I am a mac-user, I made an enco-mac file (seems to work),
and as I am also a french user I need to make double ponctuations (
";" "!" "?" ":" ) active in order to add a non breakable thin space
before ";" "!" and "?" and a non breakable word space before ":"
(that is the rule in french typography).

But of course I expect these characters dont remain active when
coming back to an other language...

Any Idea ?
--
Michel Bovani

* (unknown)
@ 2000-11-24  7:32 Haseloff, Lutz
From: Haseloff, Lutz @ 2000-11-24  7:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

is the \starttabulate\stoptabulate environment
limited to 16 columns?

Greetings

Lutz

* (unknown)
@ 2000-09-30  9:40 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2000-09-30  9:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi All,

Attached you find an example of pdftex's impressive protruding character
capabilities. I'm still experimenting with the right values, as well as
with the high level layer around the low level primitives.

Since protruding is font design specific, it's part of the filename spec.
This functionality is present in the latest beta release.

Hans

[-- Attachment #2: protrude.zip --]
[-- Type: application/zip, Size: 22717 bytes --]

                                                  Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

* (unknown)
@ 2000-06-06  1:00 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2000-06-06  1:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Since there were some problems reported, I uploaded better zips to :

  http://www.pragma-ade.nl/samples.htm

So, whoever want to do Han The Thanh a favor, is invited to (re)try

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

* (unknown)
@ 2000-05-30 15:49 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2000-05-30 15:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

This is a question for USA users:

Is there anyone interested in a job in seattle which has to do with tex and
especially context? Basic knowledge of pdftex and context is a pre.

Those interested can answer me in private: pragma@wxs.nl.

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

* (unknown)
@ 2000-02-20 12:30 ` Roef Ragas
From: Roef Ragas @ 2000-02-20 12:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Een klein probleem waar ik de oorzaak niet van vinden kan: in statuten
komt het volgende voor:
\stelkorpsin[ber,pos]

\stelpapierformaatin[a4]
\steltaalin[nl]
\stelnummeringin[plaats={hoofd,inmarge}]

\versie[concept]

\starttekst
\startstandaardopmaak
\regelmidden{STATUTEN NFAG}
\regelmidden{19 Feb 2000}
\stopstandaardopmaak

\paragraaf{ALGEMENE VERGADERING}
\startopsomming[m,opelkaar]
\som Aan de algemene vergadering komen in de vereniging alle bevoegdheden toe, die niet door de wet of de
statuten aan het bestuur zijn opgedragen.
\som Jaarlijks, uiterlijk zes maanden na het afloop van het verenigingsjaar, wordt een algemene vergadering
gehouden, de jaarvergadering.
\som In de jaarvergadering komen onder meer aan de orde:
	\startopsomming[a,opelkaar]
		\som het jaarverslag en de rekening en de verantwoording als bedoeld in artikel
		\in[verantwoording] ;
		\som de voorziening in eventuele vacatures in het bestuur;
		\som het vaststellen van de begroting voor het lopende of komende verenigingsjaar;
		\som voorstellen van het bestuur of de leden, aangekondigd bij de oproeping voor de
		vergadering.
	\stopopsomming
\som Andere vergaderingen worden gehouden zo dikwijls als het bestuur dit wenselijk acht.
\som Voorts is het bestuur op schriftelijk verzoek van tenminste twee leden gezamenlijk gehouden tot het bijeenroepen van een algemene vergadering binnen vier weken na indiening van het verzoek. Indien aan het
verzoek binnen veertien dagen geen gevolg is gegeven, kunnen de verzoekers zelf een algemene vergadering bijeenroepen, overeenkomsting artikel \in[oproepav] van deze statuten
\stopopsomming

%\volledigeindex

\stoptekst

-------------------------------

Deze passage geeft alleen geen enkele probleem op, maar als ervoor en
erachter andere paragrafen staan, krijg ik steeds deze foutmelding:

paragraaf      : 13 ALGEMENE VERGADERING
[5.4
! Undefined control sequence.
<write> ...oupedcommand {\os }{}{4}.\@@opsymbool2
                                                  .\groupedcommand {\os }{}{3}}
<inserted text>
                }\endwrite
\actualshipout ... \box \postponedcontent \box 0}}
                                                  \else \message {[\ifarrang...

\myshipout ...ut {\thisisrealpage {\realfolio }#1}
                                                  \fi \gotonextrealpage \nap...

\dofinaloutput ...pagebody #1#2\setpagecounters }}
                                                  \fi \the \everyaftershipou...

\finaloutput ...ifgeselecteerd \dofinaloutput #1#2
                                                  \else \donofinaloutput #1#...
l.170 \som A
            ndere vergaderingen worden gehouden zo dikwijls als het bestuur ...

?

---

Wie weet wat hier mankeert?

--
Roef Ragas

Amsterdam ~ The Netherlands
http://people.a2000.nl/rragas
R.Ragas@hot.a2000.nl

* (unknown)
@ 2000-02-14 22:32 pragma
From: pragma @ 2000-02-14 22:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

> how can I give a colored background to a single row of a
table?
>\background or \startbackground appear not to work -- because
of
>grouping complications, I guess.

There is a chapter on that in the dutch manual (around page
310); the english chapter on tables is being translated right
now.

\starttable[|c|c|c|c|]
\CL[green]\FR
\VL aa \VL bb \VL cc \VL dd \VL\FR
\VL aa \VL bb \VL cc \VL dd \VL\MR
\VL aa \VL bb \VL cc \VL dd \VL\MR
\VL aa \VL bb \VL cc \VL dd \VL\LR
\stoptable

More advanced stuff is coming (i'm working on that now) like
arbitrary backgrounds, overlapping backgrounds etc. That will be
the better mechanism, working in both tables and tabulate,

Hans

* (unknown)
@ 2000-02-14 22:26 pragma
From: pragma @ 2000-02-14 22:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Concerning fonts (2 questions):

I suppose taco knows more about this. Are you sure the ss is in
the font? Are you also sure that the font is in ec encoding? If
the glyphs are there and the encoding matches, things should go
ok.

For those characters, try: texnansi, ec or il2.

(Fonts is one the most complex things in tex, since one should
match input encoding with internal and font encoding).

Hans

* (unknown)
@ 2000-01-05 13:14 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2000-01-05 13:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

I uploaded english chapter 7, 8 and 9 (thanks to david arnold for his super
fast proofreading). Keep in mind that detailed info on parameters will go
into the qrc docs.

download -> beta -> manual

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

* (unknown)
@ 1999-11-13 14:46 Berend de Boer
From: Berend de Boer @ 1999-11-13 14:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hallo Hans,

(the following msg is in dutch because it concerns dutch hyphenate rules)

Als ik dutch96.pat gebruik, wordt er inderdaad anders afgebroken. Echter, de
volgende regel:

Bij woordafbreking vervalt het trema: ruïne wordt ru·ine.

wordt niet gehandhaaft (bijv. 'financi"eren'). Is dit een bug? Je steekt
toch heel wat op van zo'n ntg dag.

Groetjes,

Berend. (-:

* (unknown)
@ 1999-11-12 15:05 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 1999-11-12 15:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi All,

This weekend, four members of the context support team are at the ntg future group conference in enschede. This means that some emails will get answered with a delay. To minimalize the risk, we will travel in two cars -)

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE