* Questions/Comments, again
@ 2001-09-16 22:07 Marco Kuhlmann
From: Marco Kuhlmann @ 2001-09-16 22:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

    Good night!

Now that I almost completed my first major piece of ConTeXt art
:-), allow me two more questions/comments.

- I want all section heads in my document to hang from a common
  axis, independent from the width of section number. I currently
  use my own numbering command

  \def\NumberCommand#1%
    {\hbox to \sectionnumberdistance {#1\hfill}}

  and the (undocumented?) distance parameter width for that
  purpose. Now I wonder if that is the easiest way of doing
  it. Is there a parameter "hang" somewhere for those situations?
  If not, I would suggest to add another alternative for that.

  Furthermore, I got a little confused about the differences in
  the semantics of the distance parameter for section heads and
  the ones used in eg itemisations.

- I do not understand the "empty" state for page headers. In the
  following file, why is the page number kicked off the footer
  when the "empty" state is activated, but not together with the
  other states? The doc says (about the different states):

      normal     visible
      empty      one page invisible, whitespace
      nomarking  leave out marks

  But what does this mean, and why this behaviour?

  \showframe
  \setuppagenumbering [location=footer]
  \setupheadertexts[foo][bar]
  \starttext
  \setupheader[state=normal]
  \input tufte
  \page[yes]
  \setupheader[state=empty]
  \input tufte
  \page[yes]
  \setupheader[state=nomarking]
  \input tufte
  \stoptext
  \endinput

    Thanks again,
    Marco

--
Marco Kuhlmann                             marco.kuhlmann@gmx.net

only message in thread, other threads:[~2001-09-16 22:07 UTC | newest]