* m-bib problem with InProceedings
@ 2001-10-16 14:04 David Antos
From: David Antos @ 2001-10-16 14:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

	Hi all,

m-bib module typesets InProceedings entries wrong. It ommits author name,
prints only year in () and adds extra space in the rest of the entry.
My bib-related settings:

%%% Bibliography module
\usemodule[bib]
\setuppublications
  [refcommand=authoryears]
\setupcite % we want the [author, year] form
  [authoryears]
  [left={[},
   right={]}]
\setupbibtex
  [database=biblio,
   sort=author]

The files are located at
http://www.fi.muni.cz/~xantos/patlib/thesis
and the most important are thesis.* and defs.tex. You can see the result in
the dvi.

What am I doing wrong?

And one (not so important) problem: m-bib module doesn't work very well
with project/component features of ConTeXt, it doesn't read the bbl file.
It can be overriden with \usepublication, but it's quite unpleasant.

	Thanks for your help!

				D.A.

* Re: m-bib problem with InProceedings
@ 2001-10-17  7:58 ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2001-10-17  7:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

"David Antos" <antos@math.muni.cz> wrote:

> m-bib module typesets InProceedings entries wrong. It ommits author name,
> prints only year in () and adds extra space in the rest of the entry.
> My bib-related settings:
> The files are located at
> [............]
> What am I doing wrong?

You are not doing anything wrong, the module is. In bibl-apa.tex,
look for the entry for [inproceedings] and change the first line
from \insertartauthors to \insertauthors. That will solve the first
problem. In the same block, change the *second* occurrance of
\insertpubname from

         {\insertpubname{, }{. }{}}%

         {\insertpubname{}{. }{}}%

That should fix your problems.

> And one (not so important) problem: m-bib module doesn't work very well
> with project/component features of ConTeXt, it doesn't read the bbl file.
> It can be overriden with \usepublication, but it's quite unpleasant.

I'm aware of this but don't know how to fix it. For Hans: I read the
bbl file at \everystarttext, and the project structure typically don't have
a \starttext, so nothing happens. What hook do I need to use instead?

--
groeten,

Taco