From: Marco Kuhlmann <marco.kuhlmann@gmx.net>
Subject: Re: \textrules in header
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2001 15:15:08 +0100	[thread overview]

Hans Hagen wrote (2001-10-18 (13:09)):

> At 09:40 AM 10/18/2001 +0000, Peter Jander wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >I want a line to separate the header from the text body. Now if I say
> >
> >\setupheader[after=\textrule]
> >
> >the line starts in the margin. The length is the width of the text
> >(which is ok). The same happens with a \hairline.
> >Any suggestions on how I can make the line span just the text
> >block?
>
> \setupbackgrounds[header][text][frame=on,topframe=off,leftframe=off,rightframe=off]
>
> \setuplayout[header=18pt,headerdistance=12pt]
>
> \starttext \input tufte \stoptext

Why doesn't Peter's solution work? It is the first that a new
user will think about (well, I did, at least :-). And the rules
really are something that logically belongs to the header, not
to the background. For example, when you start a new chapter,
and switch off the header on its first page, then you want the
rule to disappear as well, and not to switch it off separately
by changing the state of the background. (By the way, how would
that work? Can you give a \setuphead solution?)

    Marco

--
Marco Kuhlmann                             marco.kuhlmann@gmx.net