* euro font??
@ 2001-12-07 13:30 Mathias.Picker
From: Mathias.Picker @ 2001-12-07 13:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hmmm, I must be blind, dumb and deaf.....

I found symb-eur and used it, but now I'm searching the euro fonts.
Which ones to use?? I looked through the docs but somehow failed to find
any hints....

Thanks for any help, Mathias

--
                            virtual earth
 Mathias Picker

                            Mathias.Picker@virtual-earth.de
			    Fon +49 89  / 540 7425-1
                            Fax +49 89  / 540 7425-9

* Re: euro font??
@ 2001-12-11 22:56 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2001-12-11 22:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 02:30 PM 12/7/2001 +0100, Mathias.Picker@virtual-earth.de wrote:
>Hmmm, I must be blind, dumb and deaf.....
>
>I found symb-eur and used it, but now I'm searching the euro fonts.
>Which ones to use?? I looked through the docs but somehow failed to find
>any hints....

there are two methods: the one using adobe fonts (several shapes, but since
these may not be distributed ...) and the one using marvo symbols. Since
the euro sign is ugly and disproportial anyway, the mvs method workd well.

context supports both methods by means of symb definition files; here i
have (in cont-sys.tex):

\usesymbols[nav,mvs] % or [eur]

also see symb-mvs.tex

Btw, the latest beta supports a more clever symbol handler, instead of one
set there can be many sets active and all active sets are consulted until
the symbol asked for is found.

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re: euro font??
@ 2001-12-12 17:44   ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2001-12-12 17:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am Dienstag, 11. Dezember 2001 23:56 schrieb Hans Hagen:
> there are two methods: the one using adobe fonts (several shapes, but since
> these may not be distributed ...) and the one using marvo symbols. Since

Maybe that the Adobe Euro fonts must not be distributed, but you can download
them at Adobe for free!
I think that's the best possibility.

Grüßlis vom Hraban!