* xml,entities, hyphenation
@ 2001-12-18 17:01 Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2001-12-18 17:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

i have an xml file with a word like this: intra-word
(which are not uncommon in german).

I'd like to be able to use the dash as a possible hypenation
point. (Perhaps even use other places as well for hyphenation).
I think that this is the intra||word in context.

Perhaps it is possible to map the entity - to something
meaningfull?

Viele Grüße,

  Patrick Gundlach

* Re: xml,entities, hyphenation
@ 2001-12-18 17:33 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2001-12-18 17:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 06:01 PM 12/18/2001 +0100, Patrick Gundlach wrote:
>Hi,
>
>i have an xml file with a word like this: intra-word
>(which are not uncommon in german).
>
>I'd like to be able to use the dash as a possible hypenation
>point. (Perhaps even use other places as well for hyphenation).
>I think that this is the intra||word in context.
>
>Perhaps it is possible to map the entity - to something
>meaningfull?

hm, first of all, i see that i have to treat numbers in a more advanced
way; in what disguises do those #num; things come? I now assume hex so 045
becomes an E -)

it is not that complicated to add an additional entity mapping branch that
remaps no45 into |-| but first i need specs -)

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re: xml,entities, hyphenation
@ 2001-12-18 18:26   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2001-12-18 18:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 06:47 PM 12/18/2001 +0100, Patrick Gundlach wrote:
>Hi,
>
> > hm, first of all, i see that i have to treat numbers in a more advanced
> > way; in what disguises do those #num; things come? I now assume hex so 045
> > becomes an E -)
> >
> > it is not that complicated to add an additional entity mapping branch that
> > remaps no45 into |-| but first i need specs -)
>
>OK, you asked for it :)

sure, because i know that you love reading those ::= like things

>[66]    CharRef ::=  '&#' [0-9]+ ';' | '&#x' [0-9a-fA-F]+ ';'

i will have a look at it asap, actually it is implemented but got lost
while hacking out the funny auto hash duplication in tex args (remind me,
since i have to finish some xfdf processing stuff in codhost.pl (took me a
day to uncover a mapping bug in the perl cgi module so i had to cook up a
solution myself)).

@ 2001-12-18 17:47 ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2001-12-18 17:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Hans Hagen

Hi,

> hm, first of all, i see that i have to treat numbers in a more advanced
> way; in what disguises do those #num; things come? I now assume hex so 045
> becomes an E -)
>
> it is not that complicated to add an additional entity mapping branch that
> remaps no45 into |-| but first i need specs -)

OK, you asked for it :)

[66]    CharRef ::=  '&#' [0-9]+ ';' | '&#x' [0-9a-fA-F]+ ';'

and, as stated in the xml spec:

If the character reference begins with "&#x", the digits and
letters up to the terminating ; provide a hexadecimal representation
of the character's code point in ISO/IEC 10646. If it begins just with "&#",
the digits up to the terminating ; provide a decimal representation
of the character's code point.

Viele Grüße,

  Patrick Gundlach

- I TeX, therefore I am -