* ssharp
@ 2002-01-27 11:04 Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2002-01-27 11:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ahoi!

If I use ß, \SS or \ssharp, I get always only SS instead ß.
(Umlauts etc. work ok.)

I tried to track it down in the sources, but there are so many mappings and
remappings that I can't imagine, where's the error.

BTW: Is there a spatium (like \, in LaTeX)?

Grüßlis vom Hraban!

* Re: ssharp
@ 2002-01-28 11:16 ` Hans Hagen
       [not found]   ` <200201281854.g0SIsFt01295@nathir.fiee.lan>
From: Hans Hagen @ 2002-01-28 11:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 12:04 PM 1/27/2002 +0100, Henning Hraban Ramm wrote:
>Ahoi!
>
>If I use ß, \SS or \ssharp, I get always only SS instead ß.
>(Umlauts etc. work ok.)
>
>I tried to track it down in the sources, but there are so many mappings and
>remappings that I can't imagine, where's the error.

maybe you still use default encoding; did you set

\setupencoding[default=texnansi] % or ec or whataver you prefer

also, try

\setupbodyfont[pos]
\setupcolors[state=start]

\starttext

\showfont[Serif]
\showcharacters
\showaccents

\stoptext

That way you can check how characters are constructed.

>BTW: Is there a spatium (like \, in LaTeX)?

And what is \, supposed to do? And .. is that a hack or something
typographically correct?

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl
                                   fall-back web server:
www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: ssharp / spatium
       [not found]   ` <200201281854.g0SIsFt01295@nathir.fiee.lan>
@ 2002-01-29 19:53     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2002-01-29 19:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 07:54 PM 1/28/2002 +0100, Henning Hraban Ramm wrote:

> > >BTW: Is there a spatium (like \, in LaTeX)?
> >
> > And what is \, supposed to do? And .. is that a hack or something
> > typographically correct?
>
>It's a typographical "must", not a hack!
>It's a little unbreakable fixed-width space, about a quarter of an em; you

ok, that's not a hack, but the \, looks like one -)

>need it to organize numbers like:
>Telefon (07\,89) 6\,78\,90
>Konto 12\,345\,678
>And even between a number and a unit should be no space, but a spatium:
>123\,m -- 100\,\% -- 56\,\euro

so, it's a thinspace, well then you're already served by
what|~|a|~|thin|~|space

@ 2002-02-02 18:35       ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2002-02-02 18:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am Dienstag, 29. Januar 2002 20:53 schrieb Hans Hagen:
> so, it's a thinspace, well then you're already served by
> what|~|a|~|thin|~|space

Oh, a typical ConTeXt issue -- if you ask after X it's already there but
named as Y... ;-)
Is it somewhere in the manuals? I didn't find it.

Grüßlis vom Hraban!

* Re: ssharp / spatium
@ 2002-02-03 18:30         ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2002-02-03 18:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 07:35 PM 2/2/2002 +0100, Henning Hraban Ramm wrote:
>Am Dienstag, 29. Januar 2002 20:53 schrieb Hans Hagen:
> > so, it's a thinspace, well then you're already served by
> > what|~|a|~|thin|~|space
>
>Oh, a typical ConTeXt issue -- if you ask after X it's already there but
>named as Y... ;-)

wait till we will have internet aware tex running ... then you get instant
update too

>Is it somewhere in the manuals? I didn't find it.

it probably is, but only gets seen when one sees a usage -) [but thinspace
or the proper typo term is a candidate for the index], so ... submit a docu
bug report to the context bugzilla site -)

in any case, it's documented/demo'd in supp-lan:

%D \test {polymeer|~|chemie}