* Reference, zooooming, dante 2002
@ 2002-01-31 10:10 Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2002-01-31 10:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I would like to have something like this (*...* means hyperlink)

... There are also some *stupid* things.

\section[msword]{MS Word 293.0}
bla bla...

so the stupid should point to the section [msword] but not mention the
title. (So I cannot use \about[....]) Perhaps ...\about[msword]{stupid}
things. ?!?

And, one other thing (I think, tat this is an faq and could be written in a
faq document)

How can I keep the zoom factor when clicking on a hyperlink with the
destination in the same document? LaTeX/hyperref can do this :)

Oh, yet a third point:

I will not go to the dante meeting in erlangen. Is there anybody who goes
there and wants to make a tutorial on 'xml processing with context'?

--
Viele Grüße,

    Patrick Gundlach

* Re: Reference, zooooming, dante 2002
@ 2002-01-31 12:18 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2002-01-31 12:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 11:10 AM 1/31/2002 +0100, Patrick Gundlach wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I would like to have something like this (*...* means hyperlink)
>
>... There are also some *stupid* things.
>
>\section[msword]{MS Word 293.0}
>bla bla...
>
>so the stupid should point to the section [msword] but not mention the
>title. (So I cannot use \about[....]) Perhaps ...\about[msword]{stupid}
>things. ?!?

\defineactivecharacter * {\stupidgoto}

\def\stupidgoto#1*{\goto{#1}[#1]}

\setupinteraction[state=start]

\starttext

\chapter[xxx]{xxx} test *yyy* test
\chapter[yyy]{yyy} test *xxx* test

\stoptext

>And, one other thing (I think, tat this is an faq and could be written in a
>faq document)
>
>How can I keep the zoom factor when clicking on a hyperlink with the
>destination in the same document? LaTeX/hyperref can do this :)

\setupinteracion[focus=fit|width|height|standard]

but keep in mind that

(1) context uses a rather different method for handling hyperrefs (which
was one reason why stacked hyperlinks could be used right from the start)

(2) not all pdf annots support the view specification

[btw, some day i will cook up a robust alternative for views, independent
of (changing) viewer behavior.]

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl
                                   fall-back web server:
www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: Reference, zooooming, dante 2002
@ 2002-01-31 13:58   ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2002-01-31 13:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii", Size: 909 bytes --]

Hallo Hans,

> >I would like to have something like this (*...* means hyperlink)
> >
> >... There are also some *stupid* things.
> >
> >\section[msword]{MS Word 293.0}
> >bla bla...
> >

> \defineactivecharacter * {\stupidgoto}

[...]

Ah! Nice! Thank you (i was not aware of the goto)

> >How can I keep the zoom factor when clicking on a hyperlink with the
> >destination in the same document? LaTeX/hyperref can do this :)
>
> \setupinteracion[focus=fit|width|height|standard]
That always switches to a default zoom factor, not the current.

> but keep in mind that
>
> (1) context uses a rather different method for handling hyperrefs (which
> was one reason why stacked hyperlinks could be used right from the start)
i am not so familiar with the pdf spec, so I no idea what you mean :)

> (2) not all pdf annots support the view specification
the same as above :)

@ 2002-02-01  8:43     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2002-02-01  8:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 02:58 PM 1/31/2002 +0100, Patrick Gundlach wrote:

> > (1) context uses a rather different method for handling hyperrefs (which
> > was one reason why stacked hyperlinks could be used right from the start)
>i am not so familiar with the pdf spec, so I no idea what you mean :)

\goto{some long text}[...]

here context will:

-  break the text in 3 parts (thereby ensuring that the text can cross lines)
-  turn them into hyperlinks (sharing objects when needed)
-  make sure that there is something to click (actually, this will probably
go unnoticed, but it's the reason why hyperlinks have consistent clickable
areas; this is not handled by pdftex at all)
-  a couple of more things -)

> > (2) not all pdf annots support the view specification
>the same as above :)

there are page and named dest and i use chained ones as well (go there, do
this, and then that). teh view spec is not supported in all; also, in order
to make a robust solution, i need to fool around with positional info, so
that's on the todo list

[in the mathml presentation on the site you can see some experimental
viewport hackery, this presentation is in fact one big page]

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl
                                   fall-back web server:
www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: Reference, zooooming
@ 2002-02-01 10:38       ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2002-02-01 10:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii", Size: 845 bytes --]

Hallo Hans,

> there are page and named dest and i use chained ones as well (go there,
> do this, and then that). teh view spec is not supported in all; also, in
> order to make a robust solution, i need to fool around with positional
> info, so that's on the todo list
>
> [in the mathml presentation on the site you can see some experimental
> viewport hackery, this presentation is in fact one big page]

I remember that (nice) one. But this also changes the zoom factor...

On my tiny little notebook screen I usually view pdfs with 'fit to width'
'zoom factor'. But as soon as I click on a hyperlink (for example in the
--module generated pdf files from your sources) I get a 'fit to page' (or
whatever it is called). This is annoying, because everytime I have to
change the zoom factor again.

--
Viele Grüße,

    Patrick Gundlach

* Re: dante 2002
@ 2002-02-02 18:52 ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2002-02-02 18:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am Donnerstag, 31. Januar 2002 11:10 schrieb Patrick Gundlach:
> I will not go to the dante meeting in erlangen. Is there anybody who goes
> there and wants to make a tutorial on 'xml processing with context'?

Günter Partosch will do an extensive tutorial on XML and will show different
ways of handling, with an emphasis on ConTeXt, as he told me.

Grüßlis vom Hraban!

* Re: dante 2002
@ 2002-02-03 22:04   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2002-02-03 22:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Patrick Gundlach, ntg-context

At 07:52 PM 2/2/2002 +0100, Henning Hraban Ramm wrote:
>Am Donnerstag, 31. Januar 2002 11:10 schrieb Patrick Gundlach:
> > I will not go to the dante meeting in erlangen. Is there anybody who goes
> > there and wants to make a tutorial on 'xml processing with context'?
>
>Günter Partosch will do an extensive tutorial on XML and will show different
>ways of handling, with an emphasis on ConTeXt, as he told me.

great