* What are the fonts called in Context?
@ 2002-02-22 20:39 John Culleton
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: John Culleton @ 2002-02-22 20:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Henry Ford said yo could have a car in any color so long as it
was black.

Context says you can ask for any font you want to so long as it
is Computer Modern.

I tried asking for lbr (Lucida Bright) as the \setupbody font.
The program went into a tailspin trying and failing to create
all the fonts. Then I used ppl as the asked for font. Another
tailspin, which is funny because I use Palatino in
plain TeX files with no problem. If I ask for just pl it does
not complain but just gives me computer modern.

SO:
Is there a list of the font name abbreviations that context
will accept?

Are there any fonts other than cm that can be used without
going into the mktextfm/kpathsea loop?

I would not complain except that I can create these fonts in any
needed sizes in plain tex. The following works fine in plain tex:

\font\rm= pplr at 10pt
\font\it= pplri at 10pt
\font\bf = pplb8r at 14pt

It also runs without error in context but seems to have no effect.

Any suggestions?

John Culleton