* fpTeX and ConTeXt...
@ 2002-03-17 20:20 Magnus Lie Hetland
From: Magnus Lie Hetland @ 2002-03-17 20:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Just a quick question: Why isn't texexec.rme copied/renamed/edited to
e.g. bin/win32/texexec.ini? In the default TeXLive distribution,
texexec won't work -- for me at least -- because there is no
texexec.ini file. But it seems that a default one could perhaps be
distributed so that things work out of the box?

--
Magnus Lie Hetland                                  The Anygui Project
http://hetland.org                                  http://anygui.org

* Re: fpTeX and ConTeXt...
@ 2002-03-17 20:57 ` Frans Goddijn
From: Frans Goddijn @ 2002-03-17 20:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

On my setup texexec.ini is on
c:\TeXLive\texmf\context\perltk

> Just a quick question: Why isn't texexec.rme copied/renamed/edited to
> e.g. bin/win32/texexec.ini? In the default TeXLive distribution,
> texexec won't work -- for me at least -- because there is no
> texexec.ini file. But it seems that a default one could perhaps be
> distributed so that things work out of the box?

That would be great. The miracle of 4TEX was that it actually *worked* right
away (in most cases... :-)

* Re: fpTeX and ConTeXt...
@ 2002-03-18  9:12   ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2002-03-18  9:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, 17 Mar 2002 21:57:35 +0100 "Frans Goddijn" <frans@goddijn.com> wrote:

> > Just a quick question: Why isn't texexec.rme copied/renamed/edited to
> > e.g. bin/win32/texexec.ini? In the default TeXLive distribution,
> > texexec won't work -- for me at least -- because there is no
> > texexec.ini file. But it seems that a default one could perhaps be
> > distributed so that things work out of the box?

Obviously, if there was an texexec.ini in the context zip file, it would
overwrite an already present version. Considering that a lot of people
install new context releases regularly, this does not sound like a good
idea to me.

I believe texexec uses the texexec.rme if it can't find the .ini file,
but the supplied file is suitable for teTeX/fpTeX, not MikTeX. Correct,
Hans?

--
groeten,

Taco

* Re: fpTeX and ConTeXt...
@ 2002-03-18 10:52     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2002-03-18 10:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 10:12 AM 3/18/2002 +0100, you wrote:
>On Sun, 17 Mar 2002 21:57:35 +0100 "Frans Goddijn" <frans@goddijn.com> wrote:
>
> > > Just a quick question: Why isn't texexec.rme copied/renamed/edited to
> > > e.g. bin/win32/texexec.ini? In the default TeXLive distribution,
> > > texexec won't work -- for me at least -- because there is no
> > > texexec.ini file. But it seems that a default one could perhaps be
> > > distributed so that things work out of the box?
>
>Obviously, if there was an texexec.ini in the context zip file, it would
>overwrite an already present version. Considering that a lot of people
>install new context releases regularly, this does not sound like a good
>idea to me.
>
>I believe texexec uses the texexec.rme if it can't find the .ini file,
>but the supplied file is suitable for teTeX/fpTeX, not MikTeX. Correct,
>Hans?

right, the copying is not really needed; miktex users must copy the file
and set the miktex flag.

Hans

                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl
                                   fall-back web server: