* ConTeXt syntax file for KDE Kate
@ 2002-04-03 17:20 Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2002-04-03 17:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ahoi!

I'd like to adapt the syntax highlighting of the Kate editor.
But my understanding of XML is too poor...
I just changed some things from the LaTeX mode, as far as I understood.

--- context.xml ---------
<?xml version="1.01" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE language SYSTEM "language.dtd">
<language name="ConTeXt" section="Markup"
extensions="*.tex;*.TEX" mimetype="text/x-tex" casesensitive="1">
  <highlighting>
    <list name="keywords">
      <item> start</item>
      <item> itemize</item>
      <item>TeX</item>

<!-- missing long list of items -- is there a way to get all ConTeXt commands
as list? -->

      </list>
    <contexts>

	<context attribute="0" lineEndContext="0">
        	<StringDetect String="\start" attribute="4" context="1"
insensitive="FALSE"/>
        	<StringDetect String="\stop" attribute="4" context="1"
insensitive="FALSE"/>
		<DetectChar char="\" attribute="2" context="2" />
		<RegExpr String="%.*$" attribute="3" context="0"/>
	</context>

<!-- What must I do here above? -->

	<context attribute="0" lineEndContext="1">
		<keyword String="keywords" attribute="1" context="1"/>
		<DetectChar char="}" attribute="4" context="0"/>
	</context>
	<context attribute="0" lineEndContext="0">
		<keyword String="keywords" attribute="2" context="0" />
	</context>
    </contexts>
    <itemDatas>
      <itemData name="Normal Text" defStyleNum="dsNormal"/>
      <itemData name="Keyword" defStyleNum="dsNormal" color="#0000ff"
selColor="#ff0000" bold="1" italic="1"/>
      <itemData name="Comment" defStyleNum="dsComment"/>
      <itemData name="Begin End" defStyleNum="dsNormal" color="#000000"
selColor="#ffffff" bold="1" italic="1"/>

    </itemDatas>
  </highlighting>
  <general>
    <comments>
      <comment name="singleLine" start="%" />
    </comments>
  </general>
</language>
------------------ end of context.xml ----

---- language.dtd ----

<!ELEMENT language (highlighting, general?)>
<!ATTLIST language
  name CDATA #REQUIRED
  section (Sources|Markup|Other|Scripts) #REQUIRED
  extensions CDATA #REQUIRED
  mimetype CDATA #REQUIRED
  casesensitive (0|1) #IMPLIED

<!ELEMENT general (comments?, keywords?)>
<!ATTLIST general

<!ELEMENT comments (comment)+>
<!ATTLIST comments

<!ELEMENT comment EMPTY>
<!ATTLIST comment
  name (singleLine|multiLine) #REQUIRED
  start CDATA #REQUIRED
  end CDATA #IMPLIED

<!ELEMENT keywords EMPTY>
<!ATTLIST keywords
  casesensitive CDATA #IMPLIED
  weakDeliminator CDATA #IMPLIED

<!ELEMENT highlighting (list*, contexts, itemDatas)>
<!ATTLIST highlighting

<!ELEMENT list (item)+>
<!ATTLIST list
  name (types|keywords|attribute-definitions|literals|definitions) #REQUIRED

<!ELEMENT item (#PCDATA)>

<!ELEMENT contexts (context)+>

<!ELEMENT context (keyword | Float | HlCOct | HlCHex | Int | DetectChar |
Detect2Chars | AnyChar | StringDetect | RegExpr | LineContinue |
HlCStringChar | RangeDetect | HlCChar)*>
<!ATTLIST context
  attribute CDATA #REQUIRED
  lineEndContext NMTOKEN #REQUIRED
  lineBeginContext NMTOKEN #IMPLIED
  name CDATA #IMPLIED

<!ELEMENT keyword EMPTY>
<!ATTLIST keyword
  attribute CDATA #REQUIRED
  context NMTOKEN #REQUIRED
  String (types|keywords|attribute-definitions|literals|definitions) #REQUIRED
  weakDelimiter CDATA #IMPLIED

<!ELEMENT Float (AnyChar)*>
<!ATTLIST Float
  attribute CDATA #REQUIRED
  context NMTOKEN #REQUIRED

<!ELEMENT HlCOct EMPTY>
<!ATTLIST HlCOct
  attribute CDATA #REQUIRED
  context NMTOKEN #REQUIRED

<!ELEMENT HlCHex EMPTY>
<!ATTLIST HlCHex
  attribute CDATA #REQUIRED
  context NMTOKEN #REQUIRED

<!ELEMENT HlCChar EMPTY>
<!ATTLIST HlCChar
  attribute CDATA #REQUIRED
  context NMTOKEN #REQUIRED

<!ELEMENT Int (StringDetect)*>
<!ATTLIST Int
  attribute CDATA #REQUIRED
  context NMTOKEN #REQUIRED

<!ELEMENT DetectChar EMPTY>
<!ATTLIST DetectChar
  attribute CDATA #REQUIRED
  context NMTOKEN #REQUIRED
  char CDATA #REQUIRED

<!ELEMENT Detect2Chars EMPTY>
<!ATTLIST Detect2Chars
  attribute CDATA #REQUIRED
  context NMTOKEN #REQUIRED
  char CDATA #REQUIRED
  char1 CDATA #REQUIRED

<!ELEMENT AnyChar EMPTY>
<!ATTLIST AnyChar
  attribute CDATA #REQUIRED
  context NMTOKEN #REQUIRED
  String CDATA #REQUIRED

<!ELEMENT StringDetect EMPTY>
<!ATTLIST StringDetect
  attribute CDATA #REQUIRED
  context NMTOKEN #REQUIRED
  String CDATA #REQUIRED
  insensitive (TRUE|FALSE) #REQUIRED

<!ELEMENT RegExpr EMPTY>
<!ATTLIST RegExpr
  attribute CDATA #REQUIRED
  context NMTOKEN #REQUIRED
  String CDATA #REQUIRED

<!ELEMENT LineContinue EMPTY>
<!ATTLIST LineContinue
  attribute CDATA #REQUIRED
  context NMTOKEN #REQUIRED

<!ELEMENT HlCStringChar EMPTY>
<!ATTLIST HlCStringChar
  attribute CDATA #REQUIRED
  context NMTOKEN #REQUIRED

<!ELEMENT RangeDetect EMPTY>
<!ATTLIST RangeDetect
  attribute CDATA #REQUIRED
  context NMTOKEN #REQUIRED
  char CDATA #REQUIRED
  char1 CDATA #REQUIRED

<!ELEMENT itemDatas (itemData)+>
<!ATTLIST itemDatas

<!ELEMENT itemData EMPTY>
<!ATTLIST itemData
  name CDATA #REQUIRED
  defStyleNum CDATA #REQUIRED
  color CDATA #IMPLIED
  selColor CDATA #IMPLIED
  italic CDATA #IMPLIED
  bold CDATA #IMPLIED

---- end of DTD -----------

* Re: ConTeXt syntax file for KDE Kate
@ 2002-04-04  8:48 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2002-04-04  8:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 07:20 PM 4/3/2002 +0200, you wrote:
>Ahoi!
>
>I'd like to adapt the syntax highlighting of the Kate editor.
>But my understanding of XML is too poor...
>I just changed some things from the LaTeX mode, as far as I understood.

maybe you can convince patrick to write you an xslt transformation from the
(still experimental) xml definition of the context syntax as generated by
"texexec setupe",

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl
                                   fall-back web server:
www.pragma-ade.nl

* ConTeXt syntax file for KDE Kate
@ 2002-04-04 10:17   ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2002-04-04 10:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii", Size: 608 bytes --]

Hallo Hans, Henning et al.

> >I'd like to adapt the syntax highlighting of the Kate editor.
> >But my understanding of XML is too poor...
> >I just changed some things from the LaTeX mode, as far as I understood.
>
> maybe you can convince patrick to write you an xslt transformation from
> the (still experimental) xml definition of the context syntax as
> generated by "texexec setupe",

since I have to do some other transformations as well and I want to look
closer into the subject of transformations... Henning, what do I need?
Kate? I this a free program?

--
Viele Grüße,

    Patrick Gundlach

* Re: ConTeXt syntax file for KDE Kate
@ 2002-04-04 12:17     ` Taco Hoekwater
From: Taco Hoekwater @ 2002-04-04 12:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

On Thu, 4 Apr 2002 12:17:48 +0200
"Patrick Gundlach" <pg@levana.de> wrote:

> Hallo Hans, Henning et al.
>
> > >I'd like to adapt the syntax highlighting of the Kate editor.
> > >But my understanding of XML is too poor...
> > >I just changed some things from the LaTeX mode, as far as I understood.
> >
> > maybe you can convince patrick to write you an xslt transformation from
> > the (still experimental) xml definition of the context syntax as
> > generated by "texexec setupe",
>
> since I have to do some other transformations as well and I want to look
> closer into the subject of transformations... Henning, what do I need?
> Kate? I this a free program?

Yes. Homepage is kate.sourceforge.net

You basically need a list of static keywords, without the leading \, enclosed
in <item> tags. The homepage also has a 'howto' section on highlighting
(just checked).

How good is this editor anyway? Anybody knows?

--
groeten,

Taco

* Re: ConTeXt syntax file for KDE Kate
@ 2002-04-07 19:05       ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2002-04-07 19:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am Donnerstag, 4. April 2002 14:17 schrieb Taco Hoekwater:
> How good is this editor anyway? Anybody knows?

Well, I work with it, 'cause I couldn't find a better one. (I know, I should
use Emacs, but I will not!) And it's one of the few editors that can handle
Mac line endings (and convert between Win/Mac/Unix).

It does some syntax highlighting (you know, I try to enhance it) and it looks
similar to Crimson, that I use on WinNT: The "normal" view of a modern
programmer's editor with a directory tree and a console. And there's a usable
(even if not complete) project plug-in.

But Kate has some mis-features (at least at the moment):
-- word wrapping is on or off for all files, and there's only hard wrapping.
-- no line numbering
-- no sort
-- no macros (one could make plugins, but i can't)
-- some strange crashes (but no data loss until now)

Editors are a matter of taste.
I used to use Nedit, that has a nice search bar, but I like german menus and
a directory tree...

Grüßlis vom Hraban!