* tabulate + columns
@ 2002-04-18  6:51 Andres Loeh
From: Andres Loeh @ 2002-04-18  6:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi.

I was trying to display a tabulate environment in mutliple columns.
Unfortunately, balancing seems no to work as intended. Example:

\starttext

\startcolumns [n=4,balance=yes]
\starttabulate [|l|r|]
\NC One         \NC $1$ \NC \NR
\NC Two         \NC $1$ \NC \NR
\NC Three       \NC $3$ \NC \NR
\NC Four        \NC $2$ \NC \NR
\NC Five        \NC $2$ \NC \NR
\NC Six         \NC $3$ \NC \NR
\NC Seven       \NC $2$ \NC \NR
\NC Eight       \NC $1$ \NC \NR
\stoptabulate
\stopcolumns

\stoptext

This leads to four columns with 3 + 3 + 2 + 0 items instead of the intended 2
+ 2 + 2 + 2.

If I replace n=4 by n=2, I get 5 + 3 instead 4 + 4.

Is this not supposed to work? Is there a workaround of some kind, or a
configuration option I am missing?

Best,
  Andres

--

Andres Loeh, Universiteit Utrecht

mailto:andres@cs.uu.nl     mailto:mail@andres-loeh.de
http://www.andres-loeh.de

* Re: [ConTeXt] tabulate + columns
@ 2002-04-18  8:52 ` Andres Loeh
From: Andres Loeh @ 2002-04-18  8:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

> I was trying to display a tabulate environment in mutliple columns.
> Unfortunately, balancing seems no to work as intended. Example:

[Example deleted ...]

> This leads to four columns with 3 + 3 + 2 + 0 items instead of the intended 2
> + 2 + 2 + 2.
>
> If I replace n=4 by n=2, I get 5 + 3 instead 4 + 4.

I got that solved now.

Thanks for multiple proposals that indicated to increase the column number
by one. That indeed gets the balancing right, but then there is one empty
column to the right, which does not look very nice either.

But it seems that

\setuptabular[before=,after=]

does the job.

Best,
  Andres

--

@ 2002-04-18  9:06   ` Frans Goddijn
From: Frans Goddijn @ 2002-04-18  9:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Andres,

> I got that solved now.
[...]
> But it seems that
>
> \setuptabular[before=,after=]

When you're sure it works maybe you can post the working example? I keep
such examples on file in case I need something similar later on...

Regards,

Frans
www.goddijn.com

* Re: tabulate + columns
@ 2002-04-18 14:27     ` Andres Loeh
From: Andres Loeh @ 2002-04-18 14:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

> When you're sure it works maybe you can post the working example? I keep
> such examples on file in case I need something similar later on...

Okay, here it is:

\starttext

% balances correctly (2+2+2+2)
\startcolumns [n=4,balance=yes]