* Long tables
@ 2002-05-07 20:58 Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2002-05-07 20:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ahoi!

I know there's a possibility to set long (several pages) tables with buffers
and \splitbuffer (or \splittable?)
Hans told me "long time ago", but I can't find it anymore.

I could simply use tabulate, but I need headers and footers on every page.

Grüßlis vom Hraban!
--
http://www.fiee.net/texnique/
---

* Re: Long tables
@ 2002-05-08 16:46 ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2002-05-08 16:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

Am Mittwoch, 8. Mai 2002 11:51 schrieb h+i:
> Longtable in LaTeX does it. See sample code below (Calc.sty is also used in

Did you really believe I would look for an (well-known) LaTeX package on the
*ConTeXt* mailing list?

Thank you for the try.

Grüßlis vom Hraban!
--
http://www.fiee.net/texnique/
---

* Re: Long tables
@ 2002-05-08  9:51 h+i
From: h+i @ 2002-05-08  9:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

Longtable in LaTeX does it. See sample code below (Calc.sty is also used in
the sample).
ESglobal below is -- if I remember right -- a small  eps-picture. Put in a very
long text for the dots.

Table.tex (the mother for tables in Context) has also a variety for long tables,
in the original version is this the option "\BeginTable[u]" (without the "), but
does not (AFAIK) help with repeating headers and footers. The placing of
these  had to found via trial runs.

In any case finetuning might be necessary as the lines (text or rules) might
not have the same vertical distance, depending of the contents of the cells.
Also longtable might not break the table within e.g. an "itemize" (or similar)
environment.

Henning Heinze

-------------------------------

\begin{longtable}{|p{\textwidth-12pt}|}%[c]
\hline
\usebox{\ESglobal}\ \ \textsc{\textbf{Globale
Perspektive}}\addtocounter{table}{-1}\\
\centerline{\textsc{\textbf{Going Global -- wie Marktforscher ihren Kunden
folgen}}\rule[-2ex]{0ex}{5ex}}\\
\endfirsthead
\hline
\centerline{\footnotesize{\textsc{Going Global -- wie Marktforscher ihren
Kunden folgen} (Fortsetzung)}}\\
\endhead
\multicolumn{1}{|r|}{\footnotesize Fortsetzung auf der n"achsten Seite}\\ \hline
\endfoot
\footnotesize\setlength{\baselineskip}{0pt}\textit{Quellen}:
David Reed, ,,LifestyleData: Desperately Seeking a Lifestyle Data Currency,``
Precision Marketing, 20.\,Oktober 1997.
\texttt {http://www.experian.com/},
\texttt {http://www.wigeogis.at/, http://www.caci.co.uk/}
\\ \hline
\endlastfoot
Nicht nur die Hersteller von Produkten.............................................
 Einwohnern nicht mehr, und man zog sich aus dem Markt zur"uck.\\
\rule{0ex}{3ex}\textbf{Einfach zum Nachdenken:}
\begin{itemize}\setlength{\itemsep}{0pt} \setlength{\topsep}{0pt}
\setlength{\parskip}{0pt} \setlength{\partopsep}{0pt}
\item Ist es f"ur Unternehmen im Dienstleistungssektor schwieriger zu
internationalisieren als f"ur jene im Investitionsg"uterbereich? Wie w"urden
Sie diese Frage vor dem Hintergrund der Erfahrungen von Experian
beantworten?
\item Warum haben Informationen "uber den Lebensstil von Konsumenten,
alleine oder in Kombination mit Konsumgewohnheiten oder geographischen
Daten, eine derartige Bedeutung f"ur Konsumg"uterhersteller?
\end{itemize}
\end{longtable}

> Ahoi!
>
> I know there's a possibility to set long (several pages) tables with buffers
> and \splitbuffer (or \splittable?)
> Hans told me "long time ago", but I can't find it anymore.
>
> I could simply use tabulate, but I need headers and footers on every page.
>
> Grüßlis vom Hraban!
> --
> http://www.fiee.net/texnique/
> ---

* Re: long tables
@ 2000-07-17  0:08     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2000-07-17  0:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ConTeXt

At 09:07 PM 7/14/00 +0200, Hraban wrote:

>Thanks, with buffers it does the job well.
>
>A bit strange: If there's no other text than some tables
>in the document, the tables become splitted, even if it
>wouldn't be necessary.

Sounds like a bug. You may try to precede such an empty text with
\vbox{\strut}\vskip-\lineheight.

Hans
                                                  Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

* Re: long tables
@ 2000-07-14 19:07   ` Hraban
From: Hraban @ 2000-07-14 19:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans Hagen wrote:
> >How can I get a table over more than one page without splitting it into
> >two (ore more) tables manually?
> using tables:
> %D \starttablehead
> %D \stoptablehead
> %D \starttabletail
> %D \stoptabletail
> %D \starttables[|||]
> %D \VL ....... \VL ........... \VL\AR
> %D \stoptables
> You can combine that with:
> \splitfloat
>   {\placetable{Some Table}}
>   {the table or better a buffer containing one}

Thanks, with buffers it does the job well.

A bit strange: If there's no other text than some tables
in the document, the tables become splitted, even if it
wouldn't be necessary.

Grüßlis vom Hraban!
-------------------
http://angerweit.tikon.ch/
http://www.planet-interkom.de/fiee.visuelle/formelsammlung.html

* Re: long tables
@ 2000-07-12 10:47 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2000-07-12 10:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ConTeXt

At 01:49 AM 7/11/00 +0200, Hraban wrote:
>Hello!
>
>I found a question by Grzegorz Wojcik on this subject, but no answer.

Hm. I remember posting something but my archives have become to big to
search.

>How can I get a table over more than one page without splitting it into
>two (ore more) tables manually?

using tables:

%D \starttablehead
%D \HL
%D \VL element \VL atom weight \VL\AR
%D \HL
%D \stoptablehead
%D
%D \starttabletail
%D \HL
%D \stoptabletail
%D
%D \starttables[|||]
%D \VL ....... \VL ........... \VL\AR
%D \VL ....... \VL ........... \VL\AR
%D \stoptables

You can combine that with:

\splitfloat
  {\placetable{Some Table}}
  {the table or better a buffer containing one}

tabulations are split automatically (even within paragraphs); see up to
date doc.

Hans

                                                  Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

* long tables