From: David Antos <xantos@informatics.muni.cz>
Subject: Re: Raggedright--overlapping words
Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 10:05:37 +0200	[thread overview]

On Fri, May 17, 2002 at 07:52:14PM +0200, Hans Hagen wrote:
> >overlap boxes over pushing them to next lines. Please, what are the main
> >changes in penalties compared to the versions--let's say--a year ago?
> >How can I make ConTeXt prefer to put words to next lines instead of
> >pushing them out of the box?
>
> let me know if you find a diff related to this; do you have a minumal example?

On http://www.fi.muni.cz/~xantos/hans you can fetch thai-slides-s.pdf,
have a look at slides 4 and 6 (pages 5 and 7). This file was compiled on
ConTeXt 2001.7.11.

I've prepared a minimized version :-), named parbreak*, there are the
problematic slides only, with \showframe to see well, compiled on latest
stable (the same result can be obtained with latest beta).
In this version the style definition is included in the file, full
sources of the slides are on
http://www.fi.muni.cz/~xantos/patlib/EuroBachoTeX2002

I also noticed that newer ConTeXts prefer making pages longer,
especially in indexes, I'll test it better and send an example.

I also have a wish (not really related to the previous). Please, can you
put date and time similar to the stable version to the beta download
page? It would be the easiest way to check for changes.

And a web page bug report: document.html contains links to PPchTeX
manual, FAQ, and ConTeXt QRC. None of the links works.

Thanks,
D.A.