* tfm but no afm or pfb
@ 2002-06-03  8:01 Matthew Huggett
From: Matthew Huggett @ 2002-06-03  8:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi:

I'm running MikTeX 2.1 and I noticed that I have a number of tfm files for
Adobe fonts; however, there are no other corresponding files (afm, pfb).  Is
the tfm enough for ConTeXt?

Matthew Huggett

* RE: tfm but no afm or pfb
@ 2002-06-03 11:38 ` Kris Hermans
From: Kris Hermans @ 2002-06-03 11:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Matthew,

unfortunately, font metric files (*.tfm) are not enough for using the fonts.
The pfb files have to be bought from the actual vendor.

cheers,

Kris Hermans

@ 2002-06-03 12:00 ` Idris S Hamid
From: Idris S Hamid @ 2002-06-03 12:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Monday 03 June 2002 02:01, Matthew Huggett wrote:
> Hi:
>
> I'm running MikTeX 2.1 and I noticed that I have a number of tfm files for
> Adobe fonts; however, there are no other corresponding files (afm, pfb).
> Is the tfm enough for ConTeXt?

Matthew,
You will certainly need the pfb files if you want to view these fonts, though
TeX only needs the tfm files to compile; unless pdfeTeX or ConTeXt does
something particular for some esoteric applications with the afm files you
probably don't need them (I've certainly never had to use them to compile
anything).

Best wishes
Idris
--