* Starting context with miktex and winedt
@ 2002-06-06 13:13 Vittorio
From: Vittorio @ 2002-06-06 13:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm using winedt and latex. Now, even though I've configured it to use context I
can't understand how to start compiling a context file. I tried with
the "pdftex" icon to no avail.

Could someone give me straightforward instructions to start using
context within winedt (& miktex)?

Vittorio

* Re: Starting context with miktex and winedt
@ 2002-06-08 11:23 ` John Culleton
From: John Culleton @ 2002-06-08 11:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thursday 06 June 2002 09:13 am, Vittorio wrote:
> I'm using winedt and latex. Now, even though I've configured it to use
> context I can't understand how to start compiling a context file. I tried
> with the "pdftex" icon to no avail.
>
> Could someone give me straightforward instructions to start using
> context within winedt (& miktex)?
>
> Vittorio

Someone else may have a more direct answer. For now just go to a command
line and type:

texexec foo.tex

Texexec is a Perl program that runs several programs in sequence, including
pdftex.

HTH
--
John Culleton
Able Indexers and Typesetters

D O T E A S Y - "Join the web hosting revolution!"
             http://www.doteasy.com

* RE: Starting context with miktex and winedt
@ 2002-06-08 13:15   ` Michael Hallgren
From: Michael Hallgren @ 2002-06-08 13:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

>Someone else may have a more direct answer. For now just go to a command
>line and type:
>
>texexec foo.tex
>
>Texexec is a Perl program that runs several programs in sequence, including
>pdftex.

Right. Now, far from beeing a Win32 expert and having used only fpTeX
recently,
I seem to remember instructions on how to run ConTeXt via Winedt (which is
the
so far best Win32 editor I've seen around - even though I sometimes tend to
go
emacs) are posted at (either) http://www.winedt.(com|org) (?)

Cheers

mh

P.S. Unless you find, ping me and I'll help you find.