* \use{n} in tabulate?
@ 2002-06-13 16:20 Slawek Zak
From: Slawek Zak @ 2002-06-13 16:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi there!

Can I somehow make some text in row span multiple columns in
\starttabulate ... \stoptabulate? The effect I want is identical to
\use{n} macro in TaBlE. I can't use TaBlE's, because I need the
paragraphs inside tables.

Thanks in advance, /S

/S

* RE: \use{n} in tabulate?
@ 2002-06-14  6:22 ` Martin Kolarík
From: Martin Kolarík @ 2002-06-14  6:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

> Can I somehow make some text in row span multiple columns in
> \starttabulate ... \stoptabulate? The effect I want is identical to
> \use{n} macro in TaBlE. I can't use TaBlE's, because I need the
> paragraphs inside tables.

Maybe you can try ConTeXt's natural tables -- \bTABLE...\eTABLE. The
philosophy of natural tables is very close to HTML's one and should be
pretty for you. The span of rows is simple -- use \bTD[nr=<rows you want to
span>].

More about natural tables you can find in core-ntb.tex or in the example
enattab.pdf

Martin

* Re: \use{n} in tabulate?
@ 2002-06-14 11:11 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2002-06-14 11:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context

At 06:20 PM 6/13/2002 +0200, you wrote:
>Hi there!
>
>Can I somehow make some text in row span multiple columns in
>\starttabulate ... \stoptabulate? The effect I want is identical to
>\use{n} macro in TaBlE. I can't use TaBlE's, because I need the
>paragraphs inside tables.

best use \bTABLE .. then

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re: \use{n} in tabulate?
@ 2002-06-15 16:31   ` Slawek Zak
From: Slawek Zak @ 2002-06-15 16:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, Jun 14, 2002 at 01:11:27PM +0200, Hans Hagen wrote:
> At 06:20 PM 6/13/2002 +0200, you wrote:
> >Hi there!
> >
> >Can I somehow make some text in row span multiple columns in
> >\starttabulate ... \stoptabulate? The effect I want is identical to
> >\use{n} macro in TaBlE. I can't use TaBlE's, because I need the
> >paragraphs inside tables.
>
> best use \bTABLE .. then

Okay. Seems to work in this case :) BTW, the up-to-date on natural
tables (#8) is not linked from the webpage.

/S